Chapter 4: Family Squabbles

The room is still. There is no laughter. I have chosen Scorpey. He looks shocked at first but his face melts into an evil smile. "You really are a stupid woman! Choosing me gives me precedence over your puny life." He begins to laugh. "Oh no. think again. This is MY power we are talking about. You may be a god, but never EVER forget that it was I who chose you. In other words, we are on equal footing right now. You think that you are the master that chose the slave, but it is I who holds the leash, in the form of consent for using my powers. You using your powers depends on my whims. So tell me again, how does it feel to have all that power right before you, but not being able to use a single drop of it?" I watch his face melt. He strides forward with a death glare. "You think I would need your consent?" he reaches for me, but I grab his sleeve, pulling him towards me while simultaneously stepping out of his way. My foot slides in front of his, and I easily trip him.

I watch as he magnificently falls flat on his face. But I am not yet done. Standing over him, I sit upon his back, and pull his right hand behind him, ripping a painful scream from him. With my other hand, I press his face into the floor, subduing him instantly. His other hand tries to reach for me, and I take it and do to it what I did to the other. He yells again. "This is a lesson for every one of you self-righteous gods. Humanity is past the age of blindly worshipping silent stars. We've had to evolve into this— "I press harder on the scorpion "–because none of you were able to protect our innocence. We had to move on from stupid wishes to fighting for what we want. Because you dipshit gods couldn't grant even the most loyal human's WISHES!" I scream before forcefully standing up. I make sure to look at every one of the gods, my temper suddenly flaring. I knew they were afraid, shocked, scandalized. I look at Leo, my temper suddenly scalding. "Stay out of my way, Leo. It isn't difficult to kill a powerless lion."

Leo watches me, his eyes burning. He also steps forward, the air around him menacing. I watch as he comes to stand before me, his face stony. "A mere human dares to threaten me, a god?" he says softly. I tilt my head to meet his eyes. Fearlessly, I step forward. "You're a fallen star, Leo. A shadow of your past self. You're weaker than a human. So yes, I dare to threaten you." I see, from the corner of my eye, his hand coming for me. Without breaking eye contact, I move my neck out of the way, and then I bring my fists to my chest. In an instant, I drive one into his jaw.

He steps back, no doubt his eyes spinning. He stumbles slightly. I take this moment to dash forward, punching him deep in the gut, then hooking him perfectly in the face. He falls down, and I stand before him. I walk over to him, standing above, watching him cough below me. I get down on my knees, and I release a flurry of furious punches on his pretty face. "Don't you dare UNDERESTIMATE A HUMAN!!" I find myself screaming before arms pull me away from the fallen lion. I am kicking and protesting as the arms hoist me to my feet. I am so angry all of a sudden. I feel as if my chest will burst open, like I am on fire. So I scream a long, bloodcurdling scream. Only after I have ran out of air in my lungs, do I relax. I turn round to see Teo and Hue. They flinch when they come under my gaze. "Take me home."

I told them that I will come back in a few days. "Do not seek me out, do not come before me until you are sure that they are not sore about it as much. Avoid me, for your own good." Teo was the one who sent me off, and I saw the primal fear in his eyes. He should be afraid. I was always in control, so whenever I lost it, it was because I'd had enough. It would do him good to understand that he does not want to be the one to cross me. Now I lay in my bed, under the covers. My rage has burned itself out, and all that remains is an empty husk. It was why I never let it consume me. When I was done rampaging and throwing my fists around, I remain empty. It leaves me with nothing. And I absolutely hated that empty, tired feeling. But worse than that feeling, was the aftermath. It was how I lost so many friends. It is why I never lost my cool. 

A little short, I know. 

either way, at least she's a badass, right? 

Don't forget to vote (or whatever. I have no idea how this works."