Chapter 23: Another conflict.

"You cannot leave here." 

I just kind of stand there awkwardly, bathing in the ensuing silence. "Pardon?" he straightens his head, then stands. "Imani, you are a danger. Perhaps the biggest danger God-kind may ever encounter. You are a walking representation of our deaths." "And you won't let me go back to Earth because of that??" My voice hikes up to an annoyed screech. His eyes narrow dangerously. "That? You are a statement of our death. Do you believe I can simply let you go?"

"Ok, first thing's first. You gods make yourselves out to be so important. Like you even matter in the average human's life. No, no you don't. Humanity is at that point where the majority have learned that their own hard work and ambition is what gets results, not stupid things like 'wishes'. If the whole god race died tomorrow, not a soul would care, unless you count those humans who claim they can feel gods or whatever. Second of all, human beings walk with the knowledge of their impending end every single day. They walk knowing this life they may be enjoying (or not. Circumstances.) is soon going to come to an end, but they continue to live nonetheless. In fact, because of this knowledge, the average human strives to make the time they have meaningful and worth it. Maybe it's about time the gods understood that. Maybe it's your turn to walk with death, hand in hand."

Zyglavis has his eyes wide, slack-jawed. The King's pretty eyes are shocked. I will not waver. "Maybe, or maybe not. I mean, I hardly care about the gods or whatever. I'm too busy with my human life anyway. I'll probably die before you guys can even come up with some sort of Anti-Zuvan plan or whatever. You gods can continue to live in your pretty little world full of immortality and happiness, I don't really care." I shrug. I never let overly serious atmospheres stay. I hate them.

I see the King about to say something, before I find myself interrupting him. "Or maybe I'm the knife at your throat, making sure you gods do your job extra well. How about that?" it is a very silent comment, but it is a huge impact to the King. I see him recoil, clenching his teeth. "Zuvan." Scorpio says behind me. "Yeah, yeah. I'm just dicking around. Really, I won't do anything, girl scout's honor." I raise my right hand with three fingers out. "Now will you please let me go home? I missed a whole night of work and that is absolutely not good for me."

"I cannot let you go back unsupervised." He says, sounding a tad bit defeated. In his hand, I see a paper appear, and in the other, a quill and ink. "This is a contract to ensure the safety of God-kind." I cannot physically roll my eyes any further. "Ok, I am not doing that. What if my one true purpose is to end everything in a Big Bang? What am I supposed to do then? I'd have to break the contract, and there is literally nothing I hate more than breaking contracts. Just makes my tummy feel horrible." I know I am being too difficult, but it is because I can't stand being 'supervised' when they haven't done a damn thing for me. As I silently fumes, running more counters for any arguments he may launch, I hear, "My Lord, I will look after her."

Hi
i'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!!"
Aaaa i feel so horrible!! I'm so sorry. But here. I'll post another chapter to make up for my irresponsibility to y'all. 
Have fun and enjoy your day!