Prologue: Star Festival's Eve

I had work tomorrow.

Despite that very important piece of information, I took another very long puff of my blunt. I sat on the floor of my very crappy little room, smoking weed and listening to deep bass songs that made me feel like I needed to be at a party right this moment. I rolled my eyes for the billionth time. They were really heavy right now. I had very many thoughts about my life, but before I could delve into them any deeper, I stood up and dragged open the glass door of my balcony. I needed to let the air in or else everything would smell like weed. Picking up the can of Hawaiian Mist air conditioner, I did a little dance, spraying the sweet smelling contents all through the room. Once I was done, I tossed over my shoulder and stepped out into the disgustingly warm air.

It was July 6. Summer. I absolutely hated summer here in Japan. Leaning over the rails, I took another puff from the blunt, storing the needed 'poison' in my lungs before slowly releasing it into the air. The city noise paled in comparison to my pumping beats, but it didn't really matter. Any noise was good right now. Oh my. My head was getting pretty heavy, so I flung it back, only to meet the heavy grey clouds in the sky. "Ok, you crappy pieces of shit. I really need you to not be there tomorrow because I do not plan on rescheduling all that fucking hard work. Oh shit, in the spirit of the event tomorrow, I'll even feed into that star bullshit and wish on them. Oh mighty stars, could you please get off your lazy asses and do something right for once, and get those clouds out in time for tomorrow? Ok? Thanks." I was about to close my heavy eyelids, when something flashed across for a moment. Wow this weed was quite the substance. I took another long drag from it, but then the light was there again. This time, it didn't disappear. Wait. Was it heading to me?

Was that light getting closer?

Oh my fuck.

I was paralyzed for a very lengthy second, but soon I bolted into my room. A second too late. The bright flash enveloped everything into its brilliance, and I was frighteningly lost for more than a moment.

I didn't want to open my eyes. They were better closed. "Did I just get hit by a meteor, hah?" I half laughed.

"It wasn't a meteor."

Oh. So it wasn't a meteor? That's great.

Wait. Wait a minute.

It was extremely difficult getting myself off the floor, but I did. I saw my blunt on the floor, still lit. "Oops. Don't wanna burn my little shit apartment down." I said, picking it up, and turning round to come face to face with six anime characters.

I looked at these people straight out of some anime, and then looked at my blunt. What was in this? Looking at these men, I put the blunt in my mouth and took another puff. "Ok, so which anime are you from?" they had a confused look upon their faces for a little bit. "What a way to question gods." One of them answered. I didn't want to look at the one who said that though.

I dragged my eyes to the balcony, and faced it as I smoked. This weed was not good news at all. I still smoked it though. I was not going to let that money go to waste. "I can't believe he kicked us out." "That's a naïve way to think." They were talking louder than my music. I stood up and turned round. "Ok, guys. I need you to leave because you are louder than these really good tunes, so yes. I need for...you," I dragged my finger to indicate all of them "to get out." I thumbed the balcony behind me. A lanky looking man with a stupid emo haircut came forward. His bangs covered his right eye, and the other looked fierce. "This place looks like a hovel." "Well, the same could be said for that shitty haircut." I quickly snapped back with an intoxicated laugh. He shot a piercing gaze at me, but it was no use. I was so fucking high. "What are you looking at? I'll fucking take out your eye with a spoon," I said with a soft tone. He strode viciously to me, probably ready to do something horrid, but I really could not care less. Before he could lay a hand on me, there was a laugh, and I looked over the black haired shit's shoulder to see a copper haired douchebag.