Chapter 6: Field Work

I slept the best I have in a long time on that night. When I woke up, I felt rested, beautiful, flawless. Maybe that's why I turned on the TV. The reporter was talking about some corrupt politician and his arrest. Haha served him right. I turn on my stereo and begin juggling between dancing and getting ready for my wonderful day off. 'My neck My back' starts playing as I deal with my hair. "Eyyyyyy!! Just do it, do it!!" I scream, moving smoothly across the room. "Zuvie!" I hear, and immediately turn off the stereo. "Allie!!" I scream, beyond relieved that he didn't hear the rest of that song. He is on the balcony, pressing his adorable face against the glass door. I go to him and pull open the door. He bounces in and gives me a smile bright enough to melt my dead heart.

"I knew It'd sound wonderful if you called me Zuvie. Less of a mouthful, right?" I said, holding out my hands for a high (ish? He's pretty short. What even do you call that?)-five. He looks at my hands, wondering what he is meant to do. "High ten!" I wiggle my hands so that he imitates me. He does, and I gently tap them. "High ten!" I say, grinning. He laughs too. My God this child could stop wars. I am positive. "Scorpio is calling for you." Of course he is.

"Yeah, but I need to get ready first. Won't you wait a little? Here, watch some TV." I say, turning it to the kid's channel. Sure enough, the colors capture him.

After about an hour, we arrive at the mansion. I see the two other gods from the Dept. of Punishment there, tired and bored. Icky is slumping and groaning, and Dui is sighing silently. "Heyo my boys!" I say, pointing at them with a wink. When they see me, they breathe sighs of relief. "What took you so long??" Icky sighs, relieved but slightly annoyed. "Oh please, do you have any idea how much time it takes to make myself this flawless? You should be thankful I even let your eyes have this much pleasure." I say, showing all the different angles of my face. "Ok, touché." He says, finally seeing my side of the story. "So, how are my wonderful brothers doing on this abnormally hot day?" I say as I throw my arm over Icky and Dui's shoulder's. Dui chuckles. "We're fine." "Did 'Scorpey' summon you?" I laugh. "Yes. He is so lucky I'm in a good mood today." I say with a low chuckle. 

Dui's face changes for a little. He has on a slightly worried look. "I hope everything's ok..."

"What do you mean?" I ask, finally releasing them. Icky looks at me with a huge grin. "Well, Scorpey is NOT an 'early bird' kind of guy." Figured as much.

"Well, he's even more lucky that I am feeling as flawless as Beyoncé today, or he'd have to worry about getting another beat down!" I say, fabulously brushing my hair over my shoulder. Dui's face eases, then he gives a small smile. "Up the stairs. Third door on the right. That's his room. Hurry and wake him, else you'll be waiting for hours." "Well, one hour down, considering the bomb ass makeup I had to do." I quip, pouting my matte lips at them. We all laugh, and I begin to make my way up the stairs.

I stand before the door, just kind of staring at it. There are so many glorious ways it could go right now. I knock lightly. "Scorpioooo. It's meee. The little bit in your head that you don't ever listen to. Your Conscience." I coo in a high-pitched voice. "I'm coming innnn." I woo before bursting in. I look around, and then see him. He has his cool eyes locked on me, probably cursing my decision to pick him as my god. But more than that, I am impressed.

He sits in his bed, shirtless, and I bring my fist to my mouth in silent appreciation. He may be a massive prick, but I cannot deny that beautiful body. Wow, wow, wow. I bite my nails at the beautiful abs. I thought he was just a thin stick, but hot damn! He had the right balance of muscle and leanness. Plus ten points for that body!! "Don't you know not to yell at people in the goddamn morning?" he grumbles, running a lazy hand through his hair.