Chapter 11: Worn Out

I watch Allie's frightened face, as he starts to quiver in fear again.

"Altair. Why are you running your mouth about things you shouldn't be talking about?" The voice is cold. I tilt my head so I can see the source.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Allie trembles. I simply let him be.

"You didn't 'mean to'?" his voice is dangerously angry. Shit is about to go down. "Now, calm down, Scorpi— "

"Shut your mouth. This is none of your business." He says, slowly pulling himself out of his covers. "Altair, since we're exchanging each other's secrets, let's get even."

"H-huh?" I feel the child go cold. Scorpio looks at him straight in the eye.

"Like how you still piss your bed at your age, or about your crush on that Vega girl at the Wish Department." Scorpio says.

"No!! H-how do you know about those!" Allie melts in defeat on my lap. While he is in the middle of it, he suddenly turns to me and, crying, asks, "Y-you didn't hear what he said, did you?" he is legitimately crying. I sigh. "I heard everything." I shrug. He wails in response, his face turning even redder. He is bawling. How mature, Scorpio. You must feel like a king, beating this small kid and shit. I sigh. I have to fix this stupid shit. "Zuvie heard everything, and she's happy she was told." I say in my childish voice. He stops crying, his eyes searching for an explanation. "See, what friends do, Allie, is trust each other with their secrets. Now that I know this side of Allie, I feel like we're even closer than before. Zuvie feels like a queen because you trust her enough to give her your secrets. That's why Zuvie isn't disgusted or sad by them, ok?" I see his eyes well up again as he throws his hands round my neck and cries, all the while thanking me for not judging him harshly. Like I can judge a kid for wetting the bed.

When I look over at Scorpey, he looks like a villain whose plan was foiled yet again. I stick out my tongue at him as I rub Allie's back. "Well, Altair. Is it so easy to forgive people who tell your secrets?" I hear him sniffle, as he pulls away from me and turns to Scorpio. "I'm really sorry, Lord Scorpio."

"No use crying over spilt milk." I see his eyes move to me for a little while. I simply stare at him. "Altair, tell the others that I'm better now. They're probably searching through boring books to look for a way to get me better." Allie clumsily climbs off my lap, bowing apologetically before running to tell of the good news.

Now that we are alone, I tilt my head. "Human, huh?"

He clicks his tongue, looking away. "So what about it?"

"Well, my wonderful Scorpey, the truth is, I feel a little sad that you didn't wanna tell me that right off the bat. But hey, we all have secrets, and I respect that. I've got some of my own I'd rather no one ever knows about." I say, making peace with the unjustified tinge of anger I had felt towards him.

"Sad? What for?" he scoffs. "Because it's like I said to Allie. Friends trust each other with secrets." At this, I see his face change a little. "But I'm not going tell you mine, so I am not going to feel bad you didn't tell me either." I feel like I need to establish this point, more so for myself.

"I naturally like to keep peace. I do a lot to make sure there is no conflict around me. But I simply must ask. Why are you so passionate about your hate to the human race, when you were a member yourself?" Sure enough, I have set back our working relationship back to our first meeting.

"So what if I was one? They're all the same. Prideful, sneaky, filthy. Always selfishly thinking about their own welfare. That I was one of them in the past is the cross I have to bear." He spits.