The Paperwork

Giselle looks over the most recent reports concerning population and the economy. Boring really, but Giselle is more than pleased as she observes how her country has grown over the time she's reigned. The past harvesting season was good, meaning that nearly everyone has been well-fed and more productive than usual. Of course, she can't credit herself for the rise in productivity, she isn't the one who made it rain, but she's still proud of her people none-the-less. Thirteen new major inventions have entered the market as well as several clusters of minor ones too.

Tipping back her chair, Giselle lets her eyes scan over the stack of books on the edge of her desk. They're brand new and share hasn't had much of a chance to read them yet. Her eyes flicker back to the papers in front of her. Read official documents or read stories of untold lands or fantastic discoveries. Sighing, she sets the chair back on the ground and gets back to the official papers. Only a few more hours before she can do whatever she wishes.

Wrinkling her nose, she skims over a birth announcement for the Kingdom of Winter and decides instead to look at the educational curriculum for students not yet in university. Not as entertaining as books, but far better than most of the other paperwork she has to sort through and sign.