The Arrival

True to word, Giselle doesn't respond to the Cordellian-Ventrallan wedding invitation...at first. It isn't until her advisors plead with Giselle to the point of getting on her last nerve does she finally respond with a yes--again due to pleading on the part of her advisors. Giselle has time to think before the wedding and realizes that perhaps not getting married isn't such a bad thing. This way, the only people who can question her are people she can fire, whereas getting rid of a king is much harder.

The week of the wedding, Giselle has servants pack her things and she sets of with Montgomery and a slew of guards. The entirety of Cordell is decked out for the royal wedding, making it look even more stunning than normal. When Giselle and her entourage pull up to the palace, she notes that there are seven other royal carriages lingering about. It is only a little surprising that all of the countries decided to come.

Perhaps there will be an assassination. Giselle quickly quells that thought. As exciting as it would be, an assassination would also be very, very bad. Her lips quirk into a smile, though the entertaining bit may be worth the blood and potential conflict.