The Preparation

A few days after the incident with Montgomery, Giselle is advised that she should tour the entire kingdom before heading to university. After thinking the proposition over, Giselle decides that the idea isn't altogether terrible and begins to plan for the trip. Assuming they'll be traveling via carriage, allowing about two days per town, after factoring the amount of time it will take to travel from town to town, Giselle figures that they'll be gone for about a month. Ringing for servants, Giselle then begins to calculate what kind of weather the trip will encounter based on previous statistics. By the time the servants reach her room, she's already figured out how long she'll be gone, what kind of weather she's likely to encounter, as well as a list of things that may unexpectedly occur.

"Your Majesty, how may we serve you?" one of the servants inquires while dipping into a low curtsey.

"I need bags packed for a month long trip. The clothes must meet the specified requirements I've outlined here." Giselle hands over the list she created while awaiting the servants' arrival.

The one who'd originally spoken takes the list and scans it. "Of course, Your Majesty."

Giselle nods, leaving the servants so she may once more look over and compare the options for university. Of course she's planning on staying here in Putnam, but there are at least a dozen universities in the city, all equally beneficial. Tapping her fingers against the wood of the desk, Giselle wonders if someone has invented an easy way to match people to a university. If only it were as easy as planning for a trip.