(6) A promise

You could feel Killua's hot breath on your neck. What intimidated you the most was how close you guys were, but soon, you became so comfortable that you craved to be closer.

Your mind was spiraling out of control. On a scale from 1-10, this was possibly a 13 on bad decision making. But you didn't care, Killua's soft, gentle, touch almost made you forget who you were and where you were standing.

His hands traveled up and down your waist, stopping once his hands reached the lower-end of your back.

All Killua was allowing you to do was to lean against your desk and enjoy. You pulled Killua closer to you and started to run your hands down his chest and abdominal area as he trailed small, wet, kisses down your neck.

Three seconds. It took Killua three seconds to stop what he was doing and hide under your desk once you both heard two knocks on the door.

"Miss, can I come in?"

"Y-yeah hold on." You yelled loud enough for the woman to hear through the door.

Once Killua was situated comfortably under your desk, he nodded his head. You pulled your chair closer to the desk, and sat down in it, crossing your legs. Leaving Killua to only have a sight of your lower body.

"Come in.."

The woman with a number of files in her hand slowly opened the door, and shut it behind her. She then sat down in one of the few chairs that were sprawled all over the room.

"Miss, the government wants a fax of the case papers of an inmate."

"Alright, last name?" You asked, trying to control your staggered breathing.

"Umm...give me a second.." She ruffled through her papers.

"Ah, here it is.. Zoldyck."

Your eyes widened, you wanted to look down at him, under the desk, but you couldn't. You shook your head and rolled your chair towards the files.

"A-alright."

You pulled out your files and searched for his.

"Eh, Killua right ?" You acted clueless, despite the fact that you have the inmate under your desk, waiting for an okay signal to move.

You handed the woman the files.

"W-why do they want these? Do you know?" You asked. You mentally cursed at yourself for stuttering.

"It was pretty hard to understand them over the phone, I think it was something about his penalty. It's sad, really. I don't really support the death penalty." She sighed.

"W-wait! What do you mean death penalty? Is that what they want for Killua?" You questioned as you stood up and leaned over towards her, supporting yourself with your arms pressed down on the desk. This startled the woman.

"I-I don't know! I just thought that maybe that's what they'd do to him-he is a killer, and he did kill multiple people, so maybe that's what-"

"Please, get out of my office. I have a lot of work I must finish." You spoke calmly after collecting yourself and turning your back against her.

You payed no heed to how annoyed, or even irritated that woman could've looked at you. Once you heard your door open and close, you looked down at Killua and nodded.

He crawled out and stood next to you.

You stared at him concernedly. You didn't want him to hear those bitter words the woman had to say. Hell, anyone would say things like that if they saw his files. But his files and case reports don't determine the person he really is.

"Death penalty? Could it be that, they want to-"

He pulled you into a tight hug. "I don't know, but I promise you, I won't let that happen so easily."

"Killua, you don't know your own position, you're in prison." You pressed your face against his chest, tugging on the rough fabric of the prison uniform.

"You're right, I don't know my place. But I have a feeling that my place is wherever you are" Killua's words were assuring, and his voice was so soothing. You didn't doubt the fact that you actually fell in love with him because of it.

"Your place is with me. So you have to promise me, you must never leave me." You pouted after lifting your face off his chest and holding up your pinky.

Killua stared down at you, a warm smile appearing on his face. He wrapped his smaller finger around yours and held it there.

"I promise I won't ever leave you, you have my word."

Killua leaned down and gave you a small peck on your lips. His warm lips. 'How could a being with such warm lips, and such a warm heart be as cold and brutal as he was set out to seem.'

"You should really take me back to my cell, before anyone else wants to come in asking for my files." Killua chuckles. He smiles despite the fact that he's disturbed, confused, and almost even frightened. He didn't show his emotions, almost as if he was only protecting yours.

You smiled, "you're right."

You locked his hands behind his back, and used the keys you came here for to lock them. You never liked doing it, you didn't want to make him feel any different, or take away any of his freedom. However, it was your job. He understood that.

Before exiting your office, you checked both ways until moving, almost like if you were crossing a road.

-

At Maximum Security, you let Killua into his cell. You both gave each other a small, quick, yet meaningful kiss through the caged door. It was difficult, but you both managed. After saying your goodbyes, you made your way out of maximum security. On your way back to your office, you thought more about what was bothering you.

"Why did they want his files?"

| HAPPY BIRTHDAY KILLUA, YOU'LL FOREVER BE MY SUGAR DADDY | ❤️❤️❤️