(9) Always looking back

•Killua•

Left and right

Every corner

Always looking back

I kept running, and running.

She gave me an opportunity, to do the unexpected. To set me free. To unbound me. I don't know why, someone would risk their safety...for me.

If (Y/n)'s plan was going well, she should have all the guards and employees in the conference room. It was a distraction.

As I ran past the cells of half-dead-looking inmates, one of them stood out.

"Killua?"

I immediately halted.

"Gon?" I walked closer to his cell.

"What are you doing? Are you-"

"Shh, Gon. Be quiet. I'll try to get you out of here." I gripped the rusted cell bars as hard as I could and started shaking them, vigorously.

"Damn" I spat at the door.

"Gon, I'm gonna see if (Y/n) has a key for your cell. I'll get you out, and Kurapika and Leor-"

"Killua" Gon started.

"I'm staying, I deserve to be here. I do not deserve to see the light. But you do. Go with her, we'll be okay."

"Gon are you crazy? I don't deserve to-"

"Just go. If I see guards I'll distract them, just get out of here. Now!"

The determination in his eyes and force in his voice was enough to make anyone's willpower creep out and push through. I hesitated but continued running.

I'll come back for you, Gon.

I ran past all the metal detectors. Thanks to her, I was able to remove the metallic ankle bracelets and handcuffs.

My heart, my head, were pounding. But I didn't stop running. My bare feet brushed against the hard, cold concrete floors.

I could see it.

The exit, I could see all the different color cars parked outside, reflecting the sunlight off of their coated paint.

My pace decelerated, my pounding faded. I stood, staring at the parking lot. It wasn't much of a sight, but it was big enough to motivate the coldest killers.

Blaring alarms and flashing lights interrupted my thoughts.

Something went wrong.

"Shit" I cursed under my breath.

I pushed open the glass doors that separated me and the open world, and ran once again.

I quickly scanned the parking lot, looking for the car that matched the description (Y/n) gave me.

Once I saw it, it was as if it was absorbing all the light of the sun. Or maybe it was just my hallucinations again.

I ran towards it, if this was the car, the left door should be open. I quickly pulled the lever, which allowed the door to open. I smiled, quickly jumping in, closing and locking the door. I quickly threw myself on the car floor, and waited.

Waited.

Waited

And waited.

She wasn't here yet.

I couldn't stick my head up, I couldn't show myself. But damn how much I wanted to. As I panicked, my thoughts came back. Not the good ones that involved (Y/n), and Alluka.

Alluka...

I shook my head. If things didn't work out, I wouldn't be able to see them. Spoils, (Y/n)...

It's been about 10 minutes, I would say. I learned how to determine how much time has passed without counting the seconds, without looking at a clock. Because in there, all I had was time, time.

Closing my eyes, all I could see was her. (Y/n), did I endanger you? Why did you trust me, how could you trust me-

The car honked, and then the left, front door opened and closed, allowing someone to jump in. Immediately after, the starting of an engine could be heard. I wanted to lift my head.

Was it her? I laid quietly, unsure if I was in the right car, if I had failed a simple task, if I was bounded to another mistake. But yet, a soft voice flushed all my worries and thoughts away, once again.

"Killua?"

|Lol hey, so I haven't updated in like 3-4 months because I don't have time but have this trash Chapter (: I'm really sorry, pls forgive me ❤️❤️|