Back to Square One

Marshal sighed, running his hand through his jet black hair; he didn't end up finding his girlfriend but what upset him was that she had gotten mad at him because she thought he stood her up. He had tried explaining how he was looking for her and that he had no intentions of standing her up but she refused to believe him. Of course Marshall became frustrated; he began to think about his relationship. Ashley was leaving back to her own town today so he figured that they would have one last date before she left, but obviously that didn't happen and of course it was his fault. Over the past week or so he was beginning to see the faults of his girlfriend, with the help of Matt, and frankly he wasn't as head over heels for her as he thought he was.

Sure she was pretty and had decent curves, but her personality was nothing but trash. Marshall wrinkled his nose in disgust. Yes, her personality was truly not what Marshall had expected and he scolded himself for not being able to see such a thing in the beginning. She was rude, sassy, clearly spoiled rotten, mean to Matt, and most importantly she cared nothing for his people. That was a real turn off. Hell Marshall thought he saw her cheating on him!

Taking all this into consideration, he really questioned why he chose to stay with this girl; the more he thought about it, the more he realized he didn't even know her! Groaning, Marshall dropped his head into his hands. Could it be because he had no one else? He only really had Matt as a friend, his subjects knew him since he mingled well with them but he couldn't always talk to them about things like these. Plus he always screwed girls that visited so that ruined the prospect of friendship, though they were always gold diggers so it didn't necessarily make him feel like there could have been a genuine friendship. He finally thought that he was just too scared to break up with her, though Marshall technically held no feelings towards her anymore after seeing her true nature. If she were to cheat then clearly he could resume his previous activities, despite the fact he didn't really want to; but it distracted him so he did.

After seeing his 'girlfriend' off, Marshall sighed in relief and headed off in search for his friend. Finding him cleaning his room, he called to him, "Hey Matt, why are you cleaning my room...."

Matt looked up and smiled at his friend before quirking an eyebrow, " Uhm, because I'm your...servant...? It's my job dude."

Marshall shook his head, " Aw come on man, stop it. Anyways, Ashley's gone."

Matt perked up a bit, "You got rid of her?" A glimmer of hope flashed across his face.

Marshall chuckled, "No, she went back to her town."

Matt deflated, " So, why are you gonna go pick up girls if you're still with her?"

Marshall shrugged, "I realized it man, she's kinda not what I expected. I'm sure that I don't have any feelings for her anymore."

Matt sighed in relief, finally his friend came to his senses about his witch of a girlfriend; but now they were practically back to square one. He would only hope that whoever Marshall's future wife would be would arrive soon. Nonetheless he agreed to accompany his friend in his usual routine, though Marshall seemed to want to simply scope out the market of passing women. They headed into the fancy part of the kingdom once again as they resumed their routine activities. Marshall kept in mind that Fionna was coming to visit in a few hours and made a note to keep track of time; sighing and mentally facepalming, he wished she wouldn't be coming.