Chapter 1

I guess you want some type of sad story about my past that makes me unique and easy to remember. Well, you are wrong but, I will tell you my past.

I come from America. Well, at least that's where I was born. My parents are big business people. Very important. So important they had no time for me as a child. So they shipped me to Japan. They told me it was to get a better education but low and behold here I am at an orphanage. Alone, and crying for help.

"This is a huge mistake! When my parents hear about this-" The men looked down at me in pity as one of them held the wrist of a struggling child known as Lily. Yeah, that's my name. I hated it. I hated it even more in Japan, when I had to teach to it every kid in the orphanage.

"L-I-L-Y" I said loudly to a group of children running around screaming, "LIYI, LIYI!" None of them listened but they eventually figured it out.

Mika, or Michaela Hyakuya always laughed when they got it wrong. He told me to be patient because they will eventually get it. He was right but every time he said that the phrase he said afterwards always got me.

"Because we are a family now." Hmph. Family. Who needs that anyway? I made it my whole life with just a nanny. Who said I needed a family where my thoughts. I was wrong though. It made me happy when I was with Yuu, Mika, Akane and my family. I was too stubborn to admit it though.

     Akane and me where best friends two we shared all secrets. Yuu was my playmate and Mika was like my older brother. They all made me feel safe.

When the virus hit nothing really changed for me. Just a different location with different rulers but our tax for life was blood. Did you know that in ancient times, people actually thought blood was your life? In a way they were wrong but right at the same time.

To Yuuichirou vampires where taking his life away and he demanded it back. I wouldn't really know what he meant until they took mine. It all began 3 days before my family escaped.