Chapter 15

I woke up to the sound of thunder. The windows were shaking as if scared of the wind that blew against them. Mika wasn't next to me. I went and made sure my roses in my hair were in place and began to walk to the door when I heard voices down stairs. As I was walking down the stairs I heard the rain slow down.

    "Thank the Heavens! It stopped raining. Finally I can outside. I hate being cooped up in the house." I heard Yu's voice from downstairs yell. I went downstairs to find Kimizuki cooking and Yoichi eating a piece of toast. Mika was reading a book on the couch and Yu was rolling around on the floor.

     "Aaa! Lily-Chan! You are awake, how are you feeling?" Yoichi asked me, a large smile wiped across his face. He was so happy. "Good, thanks for asking." I said happy to see someone in a good mood.

     "Yu, do you want to sleep in the bed tonight?I can sleep down stairs tonight." I said as I sat down next to Mika on the couch.

     "What! Are you serious? Of course I would, I would love-" Yuu stopped short as Mika's leg came crashing down on his head.

     "Ow Mika, what's wrong with you!" Yu yelled rubbing his head.
"Yu, you know Ladies sleep on the bed." Mika said turning a page in his book calmly.

     "Liar! You just don't want to sleep on the floor again." Yu said and Mika flushed a light shade of pink.
"What! No, I just, never mind...you can sleep in the bed. " Mika still had pink on my face and he turned another page. I put my head on his lap and my legs hung over the end of the couch.

     He looked down at my face and his red eyes shined with compassion. He gently moved the hair out of my face I held my breath hoping to freeze time. I watched as his hand moved away from my face but I grabbed his hand and I put it to my heart.

     After a while, I got up and decided to take a talk. I left the boys in the house and wandered the streets. Eventually I heard water. The water was rushing and I found a river I never noticed before. To my horror I saw something white struggling in the water. I ran into the cold rushing water and fished out what appeared to be a small dove. It was almost dead.

     "What a shame." I turned around to see Crowley looking at me. His clothes were stained black with oil. "Crowley! You got to help this bird-"

     "It's going to die. What's the point?" He said looking at me as the water rushed around me.

     "So? We are all going to eventually die, what's the point of trying?" I yelled to him and he got up off the ground.

     "Come On, I'll see what I can do." I got out of the river and followed him. He went to the storage house and grabbed some small sticks, two towels, a water dish, and some cat food. He sat at a bench with the dying dove. He dried it off and began to use the small sticks to build some support for its injured wing. I watched and wondered how he could do that. Soon the small bird was still, but still alive. A small wooden frame was around its wing and Crowley poured some cat food in the dish with water.

     "If it lives through today, it might make it. Feed it the moist cat food when it chirps and keep it in a brown box until it can fly. " he told me walking away. "What's this extra towel for?" I asked Crowley.

     "You." He said and he headed towards Ferid's car.
"Wait! " I yelled and he turned around.
"Thank You, for helping me." I said loudly so he could hear me.
"No problem, Turtle Girl."

     "Hey! What did I tell you about that!?" I yelled but he just smirked at me. I was left on the bench with a bird in a box and some wet cat food. He just waved to me as he walked away.