Chapter 2

"Bye Guys, I'm out!" I smiled and waved at the kids in the small run down house. They waved back to me. I often went out by myself. Yuu, Mika and Akane didn't like that but I still went anyways. Mika looked over to me and frowned. I smiled at him. I was too boney for vampires to take notice of me. But today I was in particularly bad part of town. I heard from rumors that there was food. I was going to get it and be a bread winner just like Mika.

I felt the air around me move as something swung at me. I turned quickly and duck. "Hey! Watch it!" I looked up and saw 2 boys a lot older than me standing there.

"Shit! We missed! Now what?" The boy looked nervously at his leader who pushed him and said, "What do you think? Grab her STUPID!" Both of them leap for me, but I turned and ran towards home. My blonde hair whipped around me and my blue eyes filled with tears.

"ah!" The air was knocked out of me. The larger boy had his hand wrapped around my leg while on the ground. I kicked out at him but he just deflected my leg like nothing and dragged me back.

"HELP HELP SOMEONE HEL-" They hit me over the head with the steel pipe.

~Sleep~

I was greeted by loud yelling when I woke up. I was in a small cage that was stained with blood and a vampire was peering in at me.

"You humans are always so quick to sell each other out. " I wanted to scream and maybe I did but I would never know because the yelling of other people masked my own.

"Rules are simple here. Fight to kill the opponent. If you both don't fight then we kill you both and make some nice dirty blood off you. I expect you to win other wise you would be a big waste of money. Too bad this had to be you, you have such a delicate face and cute face." Before I could take it in I was shoved into a different cage. This one much bigger with a circular top.

Looking around I saw vampires of all shapes and sizes cheering, jeering, and drinking blood. The mixture of smells made me nauseous and I vomited. I got a lot of booing for that and I saw my captor frown.

Obviously this was extremely illegal treatment of "human cattle". Soon they shoved another child in with me. I'll never forget her face. So many scars were on her body and she could not see out of one eye for a scar covered it. Her red hair shot forward towards me. I dodged.

"I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT!" I breathed heavily. "GOOD, THEN YOU CHOOSE DEATH!" She snarled and kept forward again readying a slash with her jagged nails. I ran to the other side of the cage with the door opening.

I continually slammed my fists in the door, pleading and screaming over the voices to let me out. Let me free. But no one let me out they just kept yelling at me to let the other girl win. Rough hands grabbed my shoulders and flipped me over so I was face down. I felt blood trickle down forehead from my scalp. That made me mad. Mad I was even here in the first place. The wound from the two boys reopened and so did my anger at life.

I could feel the girls legs with my own leg. I slid my feet under hers and tripped her. She hit the cage floor with a thud and I was on top of her like that.

I pummeled her with my fists until she managed to throw me off. She screamed in rage and ran towards me, bloody faced and mad and life also. I turned and let her fly by. I kicked her back. She fell forward. On hands and knees coughing blood. I began to kick her side and soon she was nothing.

"Help, mother....help." The girl choked out. She was looking at me and called me mother. "Please, make it stop. Mom, mom. So close... To me. Please make it stop mom." She called out again.

Again. Again. Again.

She called again and I knew what I had to do. I wrapped my fingers around her bleeding throat and did not release pressure.

Towards the end she began to struggle. But her last strength she used to say something. More like mouth something. I never knew what she said but from my prospective it looked like Thank You.

     I stepped back and sat down. I didn't notice the jeering stop. They watched me with fixated eyes. I sobbed and sobbed and soon, I managed to noticed my cage door was opened. Crawling inside I heard a chant raise.

"bloody angel."
"bloody angel."
"Bloody Angel"
"BLOODY ANGEL!"

It rose in the air. My captor walked over to my cage and said, "Looks like you won and so did my wallet. I was going to ask for a name but it looks like the crowd already decided. Here is your pay. He throw in some food and left me.

     I heard more shouting now and knew another fight had begun and so did my new life with a new family.