Chapter 1: Attack On Moonshine Cove Part 1

Kanan's POV

Ever since I was a pup, I had always wanted to rule my fathers pack as Alpha, and take his place of the leader of the pack. It was my dream. I loved my father. He taught me how to hunt, beware of my surroundings, and stay in touch with the spirits around me. But, nothing my father had taught me would have prevented what happened that one fateful night, in the fields of Moonshine Cove, where my pack had settled down for a long deserved rest.

We had been hunting for moose, deer, and rabbits, for days on end, for the foreseeable winter. When my father heard something from the opening of our cave. My mother tried to ask him what was the matter, but my father just licked her face in assurance that nothing was wrong, then snuggled around me as they fell back to sleep. A few moon shifts later, my father heard the noise again and sniffed the air. His ears perked up as he heard the howls of  attacking wolves heading straight for his pack. Me and my mother both jumped to our feet as my father spoke.

"Get Kanan out of here!"

"But why? What do they want from him?" My mother asked as she pushed me farther back into the cave protectively.

"Because he's the first and only one of my heirs." My father replied. My mother cringed at the thought of leaving my father behind to fight the savage dogs. She licked his ear as tears began to role down her beautiful dark eyes. My father licked her back, then turned to me."Son, whatever happens tonight you have to promise me one thing." I nodded and closed my tired eyes as my father spoke. "You must stay strong. Do not come back to Moonshine Cove, this time is passed, and your future is uncertain. You will be challenged, but you need to promise me that you will persevere and in time your hope will emerge. Do you understand?" I nodded my head as I dropped my ears and snuggled against my fathers warm chest.

"Yes, papa."He nudged my small weightless body as he spoke.

"I love you son."

"I love you papa." I cherished those words forever as I watched my father enter the battle, never to return to mama and I again.

As my mother forced me out of a small opening in the back of our cave, I could here all the howls and whimpers of pain coming from my pack. As I stopped to look back to where I last saw papa, mama nudged me with her nose to push on. Before sunrise we were attacked by the wolf pack that attacked my fathers pack. My mother hid me under a fallen dead oak tree before they saw me.

"Where's the runt!" The Alpha dog snapped at her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" She snapped back.

"Kallus!" The Alpha yelled.

"Yes Alpha?" A strong looking male dog stepped foreword waiting for orders.

"Snap her leg." And with that, the one known as Kallus, snapped my mothers leg with one snap of his jaw. I had to cover my ears with leaves to keep the yelp of my mothers scream out of my ears. The Alpha again questioned her. "Now where is he!" My mother never gave me away, and she payed the price for my safety. After the pack had left,

I went to check on her. Her beautiful white coat was drenched with red and the smell of metallic. I whimpered as I licked her nose to see if she would awaken, then took in the truth, she was gone. I snuggled close to her, and stayed there until the warmth from her body left, and I took in the realization that I was alone. I wondered for days. I was hungry and thin. I could see my ribs and see my heart beat. But then an Alpha from another pack named Cham took me in as his own, and gave me a new purpose of life. He had a daughter, and her name was Hera. She had lost her mother in the same way I did. Which started a friendship.

My fathers words have always stuck to me, and I have lived by them ever since. But, I have always questioned one. Why can't I return to my home of Moonshine Cove?

    Hey guys I hope you like this.