022

1 week later

1 week later.

Sonali Santiago.

"I'm home!" Prince cheered as we walked thru the airport. "Do you smell that sista'?"

"Smell what?" I scrunched up my face.

"The smell of reaaaaaaaal jamaican food! I'm so tired of New York's wannabe jamaican food." Prince said making an face.

I laughed, "I'm happy too. I can't wait to get on the beach and wear my new bikini!" I squealed as a black SUV pulled up.

"Bikini? Sista' are yuh crazy? You aren't wearing a bikini. One pieces only." He remarked.

I scrunched my face up and began laughing. "Bwoy is you crazy? Remember I'm older so I tell you what to do. Not the other way around. Since you wanna talk to much help the driver with my bags."

"What? I can't lift your bags up. I'm only 6."

"You don't act like it."

"You don't act like it." He mocked me.

"What was that?" I raised an eyebrow glaring at him.

"I said you look nice today sista'."

"Mhmm." I hummed as the driver opened the back door. I climbed inside the SUV and pulled out my phone checking my messages. My phone was on airplane mode for the airplane ride. I noticed I had a message from Ezra.

Ezzy👭💘: I hope your flight was nice. I'm gonna miss you and my Prince 😭. Have fun 😘.

Me: You know I'm gonna have fun. I needed to get away from all NYC drama 😪.

I locked my phone the same time Prince got in the car. "Seatbelt Nali." He scolded.

"Bwoy, don't get slapped." I spat putting on my seatbelt. He did the same and shrugged a little pulling out his cellphone.

The drive through Falmouth was absolutely breath taking. I missed my island so much. I took a deep breath letting the window down taking in the fresh hair. For it to be November, it was hot...but it wasn't like that Florida heat. It was like that Cali heat.

"I can't wait to surprise Fadda'!" Prince spoke.

"Me too. And I can't wait to teach you some stuff about our culture. Maybe you'll pick up on some of the slang." I told him.