Chapter 1

"I'm not sure how your father did it, the man is truly a genius but he did it and here you are. You were never mortal Alice, you're a creation, a remarkable one at that"

I just ignore his words and decide to get this over with.

"You know what you have to do, so do it" I snap.

Within in an instant he's stood behind me, my back pressed against the right side of his chest. The hair from my shoulder is discarded and is softly placed the opposite side. His lips against my neck, he whispers.

"Do what?"
"Bite me" I whisper my eyes close
"That, m'lady would be my greatest pleasure" He places a soft kiss to my neck "But alast, the third blue moon has not yet risen"

I sigh, almost relieved with this knowledge.

"Make the most... You exactly twelve hours left" 

And then he's gone. Where he's gone? I'll never know.
Where am I going to go? Wherever the wind takes me.

 I start my trek back to where it all started. My home. Sooner than I thought, I am stood on the cobbled path, contemplating whether to walk up the chipped, brick steps and into the house haunted with lies or to turn back and run to my home. Even though everyone there had lied to me, they had the decency to tell me eventually instead dying and writing me a couple heart felt letters. Before I could even understand my own actions, I've taken the key from under the plant pot and have unlocked the door. 

The house, I once called home, is no longer painted in the laughter and hype of my extraordinary childhood. My handprints on the walls, nothing but a shape beyond the torn wallpaper, the records of my height on the door frame, buried beneath a thick layer of dust. The rack where I'd hide my muddy clothing and shoes after a untold day at the lake, nothing but a knocked over pile of rust.

My childhood was nothing but a lie. Was it even a childhood? All I am is an experiment for my da- Edgars stupid research. 

Am I really going to go along with all this though? Am I really going to risk it all for some stupid war? Am I willing to lose more people I love? Am I?

I am.

What's the point of my existence if I don't go through with this? 
Deciding I should probably grab a few things, I know Harry left here when he re-made my room at my new home. I walk up the spiral staircase for probably the last time, walking past my bedroom and straight up to the attic. I sit down at the bench near my fathers desk where I used to always sit.

I picture the time I sat here after running from Harry in the woods. I remember watching dad write that false letter to NASA. Those we the days, man.

"What are you doing?" I look up to see Louis sat at my dads desk, watching me carefully, kind of giving me a headache
"Thinking" I state
"I mean... Why can't I read your thoughts" His eyes turn to slits as he begins focusing on me
"Because I'm not letting you..." He seems confused but lets it go 
"So why are you here?" He asks and I just shrug "You're still a bit confused, right?" He asks, I nod "Many, many years ago there was a war between the 'blood-suckers' and 'Dark shadows' now, dark shadows could be anything, trolls, witches, banshees. Who knows! That's why it was so dangerous. During battle, a massive strike of lightening hit the ground silencing everyone, each one stare at the letter that came from the lightening and let me tell you the experience was terrifying! The fairy queen walked towards it, broken wings and all. She was brave. Extremely brave but no one stopped her as she picked up the letter and read out..."
"The prophecy" I whisper cutting him off
"Bingo" He nods "It has been told that the war will never come to an end until the end of Aurora's first year as... One of us, that was a hundred years ago"
"Aurora?" I interrupt again
"That's your vampire name..." He says slowly as if I should know, which I didn't "Anyway, soon you'll be one of us. We'll train you as much as we can but there is only so much we can do in a year. Usually it'd take 2 or 3 years to have complete control of your strength and power. But since you are destined to be one of us, it shan't take you very long, I hope" He sighs "The cousins will be around, as well. You may not always see them but they will be here. Protecting you"

"Why protecting me?" I furrow my eye brows
"Just because you'll be one of us, doesn't mean The dark shadows won't want to kill you. Think about it, if they kill you before time is up, then they'll win the war. You see, they'll always be at an advantage, always have more strength. But now we have you"
"How do we know when time is up? Like it could be anytime after my next birthday, correct?" I say
"Correct. But there is an hourglass, it stands rather noticable outside the mayors offices" He smirks
"That's why that's there..." I say more to myself than him
"Anyway... 11 hours left as a half breed, you ready to go back home? I'm going to make this as fun as I possibly can" He smirks 
"I... I think I'm ready" I nod, smiling. Louis has cleared a lot of things up for me and I am in more understanding than before, I am grateful for that but I am still kind of annoyed at the fact of me having no way out. 

"It'd my upmost pleasure to accompany on your way back home" He puts on a posh voice, bowing down while offering me his hand
"It'd be an honour Sir. Louis" I say using his hand to stand 
"Sir. Louis..." He thinks over my words "I like it" He nods before grabbing my hand and running and of course, I had to run too. Jheez, I may be able to keep up now but that doesn't mean I want to run.

"Try keep up" He says and releases my hand, before pushing me ahead of him slightly, I ran as fast as I could, rather surprised that Louis was running my same speed, no, I was running at his speed.

Soon we were at the house, we both stop running when we get to the gate and start cracking up as we walk to the door at something Louis had just said
"Alice?!" CeCe runs outside "I thought Harry had killed you!" Panic washes from her face "He never came back and neither did you and I-I just..." I block out the rest of her words as I get a headache. The same ache as earlier when Louis was trying to get into my thoughts but I was blocking him. I guess this is what I feel when the nosey git wants to get in my mind?

"Relax, CeCe" Louis chuckles "He's just hunting! He doesn't want to drain, Alice" He informs "You know, he'll end up killing her if he is thirsty"
"He'll be killing me anyway" I mumble earning sympathetic looks from the siblings in front of me. I roll my eyes before storming into the house. I don't need sympathy, I am doing this willingly, I swear.

I walk into the living room to see only Zayn and Perrie. I sit down next to Perrie and she smiles warmly at me "Let's make your last 10 hours fun, eh?" She says and I nod, eagerly and as if they heard us - which they probably did - Niall and Liam enter with movies, snacks, coca cola and some beers. 

This should certainly be interesting.

***

9 and a half hours later, we're just finishing watching, I think this may be the 7th film, Kick Ass 2. Louis is very drunk as well as Niall and Harry is yet to return, Perrie is long since fallen asleep, so I have no one to really talk to as Zayn and CeCe are hunting now. God knows where Liam and Summer have gone. 

"I'm back!" Harry's voice fills the quiet house. He walks into the living room and I nearly gag at the blood on his shirt and the trail dripping from his lip "What?" He frowns at me
"Uh, mate you have a little..." Niall points to his lip and giggles "And a lot of..." He giggles again at Harry's shirt, making Harry wipe his lip, his eyes widening when he see's the blood, he excuses himself before he leaves, returning not a minute later.

Harry looks at me with a sad smile "So where do you want to do this?"

"Where it all began"

---

This chapter was to basically clear up any confusion<33

Thank you soo much for getting me this far, I love you!

DO ME A FAVOUR! Vote and Comment like crazzzyyy! It gives the story a little kick start, y'know?

PLEASE ADD TO YOUR READING LISTS TOO, THAT WILL REALLY HELP!