Chapter 25

"Expect the unexpected."

(Everything in italics is a flashback{will also have a hashtag## at the start and end of a flasback} there is a lot of time jumping this chapter)

___

Harry and I are going on a date. A date. We haven't been on a proper date before, sure we've been out together- when I was human, but that was only once or twice. Now we're going on a date. I sit on the floor of my room, staring at the large selection of make-up in front of me as well as the floor length red evening gown, that CeCe's vampire friend Kristy let me burrow, as it hung from the door of my wardrobe. There was a pair of platform heels, which complimented my dress nicely and would add to my height a lot. Though I probably wouldn't even be near Harry's height still. 

This was all too extravagant. I'd rather dress in a baggy jumper and some old jeans whilst eating a bag of chips from the fish and chip shop down the road but Harry is... Harry's a little old fashioned I guess. Could I blame him though? He's 120 afterall.

"Ally?" Louis knocks my door. "Are you decent?"

"Yeah, Lou. Come in." I say softly. 

"Hey, um. I was just thinking that, well, um. It's time for you to know something."

"Yes?"

"I think you should know about the things that are out there. We have five days Ally and you don't know how cruel these things can be."

"I've already been told about what the dark shadows are like."

"I'm talking about our side." My eyes widen, they don't know if they can trust everyone on our side, that's what he's trying to say. "Vampires are evil. We can easily trick you into things, I mean... Look at how easily Summer tricked you into thinking she hates you... She did at first yeah, but she wanted the distance from you and you were just so blinded by her ways you couldn't even tell how much she cared about you! We're sly Alice and you need to know, um, how I got changed." That clicked something inside of me, I was beyond interested right now. "I was... Twenty-one at the time. In fact, it was my twenty-first birthday. My friends and I, we'd just been out stealing bread from carts, pick-pocketing the locals, just doing what people of our rank did, theif and it was thrilling to say the least. I hadn't a clue of what my best friend, Thomas, was. Sure I'd noticed how pale he was and how he'd go missing for days and not forgetting the fact he had no family. I wasn't even sure where he lived and when he moved into town... That's when it all began to happen. The murders, I mean. The things these innocent people suffered wasn't even thought of back then but Thomas P Smith ripped the hearts out of young woman and drained them from the place which needed blood the most nonetheless. He was sick and I hadn't a clue, I just wish I'd kept my distance, I really do. That night, on my birthday, we were walking back to my home- where he'd sometimes stay and well, I didn't go home that night, I was pushed against a tree and had poison forced into my veins by a vampires fangs. I never saw him after that, perhaps because I killed him and he had no ghost or maybe his pathetic little spirit was too scared. Celia was fifteen at the time-"

"Celia?" I ask, who the hell?

"CeCe." He corrects, I always thought her name was too modern for her time but clearly not "She was fifteen and the only family I had left. Our parents died of disease I was sixteen and I made it my duty to look after her but I couldn't, not after finding out I was a vampire. So for months I trained myself to only drink the blood of animals, I occasionally had a human but animals were my main food source, I watched over CeCe in the shadows, helping her when she needed it- I was the creepy man that she never saw the face of who gave her bread and clean water, I was helping her from the sidelines and watching as she grew up to be such a fine young lady, I was so proud of her and then her eighteenth birthday came... I told her everything and she... Demanded I change her... So I did." He sighs "Vampires are not what you think Alice. Just- Expect the unexpected, okay?"