Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Trevor's POV

"Hello?" she asked as if she had not the slightest idea who it was. That was exactly what attracted me the first time. Her innocence.

"Carly, good too see you finally answered," I spoke into the receiver using the most sultry voice I could manage.

I heard the phone drop and then a click signaling that the call had been dropped. What a pity. I would have loved to have caught up with her.

Carly's POV

After hanging up on Trevor I quickly unlocked the door, went inside, and cut the alarm system on.

I hope he hasn't started watching again. I thought we were past this. I need help. I do. I can't call Taylor to come over though she has a library club meeting. Dean! I'll call him. I anxiously await the sound of his voice as I dial the familiar number.

"Hey Carl!!" He said excitedly completely oblivious to the serious situation I have on my hands.

"I. Need. You. Here." I say breathily. It's so hard to focus. I haven't eaten all day and the dizzy symptoms I felt earlier today are prominently present and have not improved.

"Carl? You there?"

"Yeah, sorry. I'm a little spaced too much stuff on my mind." I lie. I should tell Jake why I really called, but I don't want him worrying about me. I can handle myself.

"Oh, okay. Remember Carl, I'm always free if you want to talk," He says in such a friendly tone that I almost let the real reason I called slip, but I bite my lip as he adds, "Well I gotta go coach's bitching about me slacking again. Bye," He says.

I send Tay a quick text even though I know she won't get to reply until after the meeting.

To Taylor: Feeling a little lonely, movie night??(:

As I lay on my bed I hear a strange banging noise down stairs. I lay stilly in bed as I hope to God that Trevor has not found a way into my house. I check my cell phone for the time to see that I have two missed called from a blocked number. I'm not falling for the again. I pick up my newest novel and lay in bed. A nap will be good, right?

--------------------------------------------

I wake to the sound of my cell phone ringing. I check the caller ID and quickly answer.

"FINALLY!" She almost screams in my ear.

"Sorry," I quickly gush "I took a nap, how was library club?"

"Ehh, same as usual. Dumb people recommending even stupider books. It would have been more fun if last years club president would have joined." Taylor says. Last year I was library club's president, cheer captain, and in three honors and an AP course, but after the incident I've quit everything but the required curriculum.

I never told Tay what really happened that night. She got an edited version of the truth. I felt awful hiding such a thing from my best friend, but I can't put that burden on her.

"Carl?!" Taylor says rather loudly as she attempts to gain my attention once again.

"Yeah, I'm just a little spaced," I hear myself lying again. If only I could tell her. "Can you come over at 8?" I ask

"Yeah, 'course!" Taylor says rather joyously, but I can hear the disbelief in her voice.

I prepared for Taylor to come over by cleaning my room and popping some good old fashion kettle corn for our enjoyment. We used to eat it all the time.

----------------------------------------------

After watching my array of Disney movies with Taylor I hear a slight snore escape her lips. I slide off the couch as to not wake her and take Beauty and the Beast out of the DVD player. I head upstairs to get more blankets but stop on the second set of stairs as to look out of the window at the light shinning through the bay windows.

Dean: It's me outside the house. I just wanted to come check on you. Can you come outside?

Me: Yeah, T's asleep anyway.

When I get close to the car Dean cuts off the lights as to not blind me. I climb in and notice that he picked up McDonald's. My favorite. Too bad I don't eat fast food anymore.

"Hey," Dean whispers. "Tell me what happened." He looks so sincere. I have to say something. I trust him with my life. Why can't I just tell him?

"I can't," I manage to audit barely above a whisper.

Dean sits in silence and I watch him rub his eyes in frustration. He places a warm hand on my bare leg and moves his hand back and forth in a brotherly manner. If only things were different. "Dean," I say just as I begin blubbering. "Trevor." I manage to slip in between breaths. Please. I silently beg him. Dean leans across the arm rest and envelops me in his warm muscular arms. I cry and cry and cry. Dean doesn't ask me to get out of the car or to wrap it up because he has work tomorrow. This is why I love him so.

Elisa.

I must get out of here. I move slightly as to signal to Dean that I am ready to go back inside my house.

"What's wrong?" He asked sounding slightly hurt.

"I have to get back inside before Tay wakes up. You know how she is. She is convinced she lives in a horror movie." I lie for the umpteenth time today. I fake a smile and open the car door. "Bye Dean."

---------------------------------------------------------

Just as I lay back on the couch next to Taylor and feel myself nodding off I get a text.

Dean: You aren't getting out so easy. You better tell me what happened. You remember what happened last time you kept it all bottled up.

I cut off my phone and tried as best as I could to erase my brain of any and all memories that happened last year.

A/N: THANKSGIVING BREAK! I may update again sometime this week, but I cannot make any promises I have a few school things to get done. And as you know school comes first. Have an AMAZING Thanksgiving!! Comment any questions and feedback really helps!!(: thanks again.