Cute

I surprisingly got through History really well. Every time I got frustrated, Peter would help me through it. I've never met someone as sweet as Peter. He was my only friend in this school, all the other kids saw me as a freak.

But, all I could do was ignore them and live my life as a teenager. Well, a mutant teenager.

--

I walked outside the school, trying to carry all my new books. Who knew I would get this much homework on my first day with no help whatsoever.

"Skylar!" I turned around at the voice, a book falling from my arms.

I groaned, bending down to pick it up, causing all my other books to fall to the ground. I just stared at the mess of books. "Why?" I asked, then picked them all up.

A hand came into view, helping me pick up the books. When I finally had them under control, we both stood up. I was met with a very attractive face. "Skylar, right?" I slowly nodded. "I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the school."

His smile was gorgeous. "T-thank you." Where did that come from? I don't stutter.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" He asked. I nodded. "Cool, bye Sky." He walked away and I just stood there, watching him. Besides Peter, he's the only boy to ever talk to me.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and continued my journey home, this time I made sure I had control over my books.

"Need some help?" I jumped slightly as Peter came out of no where, almost dropping my books again.

"It's fine." I said just as I was having trouble carrying a book.

Peter took half the books from my arms. "Liar." He laughed.

"Thank you." I kept my head down, thinking about the boy I met minutes ago. Then I remembered that I hadn't even gotten his name. Smart move, Sky.

When we got to my house, I let Peter in and we walked up to my room. I dumped my books on my desk, Peter following. Then in seconds he was sitting on my bed. I looked over at him as I stood at the door, then I looked away.

"You okay? You've been weird since school got out." I looked back at Peter, he had moved to the very edge of the bed.

"I'm fine." I answered, moving to my desk and sitting down. I gave him a fake smile.

Peter narrowed his eyes at me. "Lies."

I rolled my eyes. "Peter."

"Is it a boy?" Peter moved closer to me. I smiled slightly. "It is a boy! Does he happen to be in this room? Perhaps sitting on your bed?"

I laughed. "No, Peter."

"Then who?" He gave me a confused look.

"I don't know his name. He never told me." I looked down.

"Well then tell me about him, I know almost everyone in that place." Peter laid down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Well." I sat back in the chair. "He was tall, really skinny. His hair was really dark, he had a kinda deep voice. His hair covered his forehead."

"Wait." Peter moved his head to look at me. "Does he look tan?" I nodded. "Was there a shorter kid with glasses standing a few feet away?" I thought about it and remembered a kid standing there, watching us. I nodded again. "Stay away from him."

Peter was now standing again.

"What? Why?" I turned my body to fully face him.

"He's a fück boy, Sky."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Did you not here me? Füüüüüüück booooooy."

I stood up. "He was too sweet to be one."

Peter threw his hands up in the air. "That's what they do, Sky!"

"You don't know that." I crossed my arms over my chest. "He was really sweet to me, Peter."

"Do you even know what he was thinking?" Peter took a step closer to me.

I ran a nervous hand on the back of my neck. "I didn't catch that either."

"Screw him." Peter said in frustration.

I smirked at him. "Oh I will."

Peter glared at me. "You know what I mean."

"No Peter, I don't know what you mean." I placed my hands on my hips.

"I just." He turned away from me.

I rose an eyebrow. "Are you jealous?"

"No." Peter said a little too quickly.

"Oh somebody's jealous." I laughed, walking towards him. I wrapped my arms around his torso, placing my head on his back. "It's kinda cute."

Peter turned around in my arms, staring down at my face. "Really?" I nodded. "Well, you're kinda cute too."

I blushed, putting my head down, which ended up with my head on his chest.

He then put his arms around my shoulders. I honestly hate blushing. It made my face feel weird.

After what felt like hours, but was only a few short minutes or even seconds, Peter pulled away. "I have to go."

"I'll see you tomorrow at school, right?" I asked, following him downstairs and to the front door.

"Of course." He smiled. "I'll even come pick you up."

"You have a car?" He walked out the door.

"Something like that." He smirked, then disappeared down the street.

I walked back into my house and up to my room. I sat down at my desk, looking out the window. I had no idea what Peter was talking about.

I heard the phone ring downstairs. I got up and got to the phone, picking it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, do you want to know the name of your mystery guy?" I nodded, then mentally face palmed as Peter couldn't see me.

"Of course I do." Just then the doorbell rang.

"His name is Paul Zimmer." Peter hung up.

I put the phone back and walked to the door. When I opened it, I was face to face with a smiling Paul Zimmer. And I couldn't help but smile back.

-----------

Sorry it's short again guys, I just wanted to update real quick.

Disclaimer: Paul Zimmer is a real person and I do not mean offense to any of his fans or to him personally, I love him but when I was thinking of what to name this guy, Paul was the first person to come to mind. Sorry.

Also: I was thinking about doing a question and answer thing, where I ask you guys a question and you answer in the comments and then you can ask a question and I answer in the next chapter. (If any of that made sense.)

I'll start.

Q: What do you guys think will happen in the next chapter?

I would also just like to state that I did in fact use 21st Century terminology in this chapter. I hope you liked it, I'm trying to update as much as I can.

Farewell for now

                                  ~Miriah

P.S. Published at 2:10am