High School Sucks

We got to the dance and the music could be heard from outside. Peter took my hand as we walked into the school and into the large gym.

"I hate teenagers." I whispered as I pulled myself closer to Peter. "I think I'm gonna throw up."

"You'll be fine." Peter smiled down at me. "I'll be back." Peter pulled away from me and walked towards the bathroom.

I stood against the wall. I watched the couples around me laugh and dance. I hate couples. I hate schools. I hate people. I hate dances. Why was I even here? Oh yeah because I can't say no to anyone.

Suddenly an unknown cold liquid was thrown at me. It went down the front of my dress, turning it an even darker shade of blue. I gasped as I suddenly felt how cold the drink actually was.

"Oops. I slipped." Looking up, a girl with a pink dress and the most poofy hair I've seen in my life stood beside me with an empty cup in her hand.

"Did you really have to do that?" Her date asked, glaring at her.

"What?" She laughed. "Not my fault this freak was in my way."

"She's standing against the wall, LeeAnn!" The boy yelled, motioning a hand towards me. "She's never done anything to you."

"Why would you do that?" I asked, looking down at my dress.

"Well for a start, your dress looks gross." LeeAnn fakely smiled at me.

"You're such a bitch." The boy rolled his eyes and walked away.

"I didn't need you anyway!" She called after him, going in another direction.

I ran towards the bathroom. I grabbed a handful of paper towels and attempted to soak up the drink from my dress. Girls walked in and out, laughing at me as I desperately tried to dry the sparkly fabric.

Without much luck, I threw the paper towels in the trash and walked out of the bathroom and stood against the wall, slowly moving down it.

"Hey, where did you go?" Peter asked, walking up to me. "Are you okay?" He sat down next to me.

"High school sucks." I lent my head on his shoulder.

"We can go home if you want." He interlaced our fingers.

"No. You wanted to come." I told him.

"How about this? One dance then we can go to the park or something." Peter suggested.

I turned my head so I could see his face. "You sure?"

"Yes." Peter looked down at me.

"Okay." I stood up, dragging Peter with me.

We stood around until a slow song came on and Peter led me to the dance floor. Peter put his arms around my waist and I put my arms around his neck.

"So you wanna tell me what happened to your dress?" Peter asked.

"That can wait." I laughed into his chest.

----------

So here's another update. Hope you enjoyed it.

I know these have been short and I'm so sorry.

Q: What's your favorite tv show?

Farewell for now.
                                   ~Miriah