Danger

After school I teleported home. I knew Peter would try and stop me but I had to do this. I knew they would come for me. I could fight them. I hope.

I moved to the back of my house, placing my backpack by the back door.

A loud knock on the door caused me to jump. I looked out the window to see Paul there. He had a concerned look on his face. I opened the door and he pushed his way in, closing the door and locking it.

"You can't be here." He instructed.

"Why?"

"I tried coming over here yesterday but you didn't answer. You're in danger." Paul explained.

"How?" I was confused as to how Paul knew.

"I've been lying to you." He pushed us both down on the couch to sit. "Peter wasn't the one that hit me that day. I got in a fight with someone else. Someone that wanted to hurt you..... I'm a mutant. A rare type apparently that only gets its powers when it feels someone they love or care for is in danger. I didn't know until my powers showed up when I touched you because I care about you. My dad had told me everything the day before. I was adopted, kinda. I was taken from my family as a baby. I have lived with a family that works for this place called Hydra. They had kept this a secret from me until they knew I was ready. So when I had told them about you, that's when they thought I was ready. They expected me to immediately hate you after feeding me this information. They were using me to get to you. I'm so sorry."

I stared at Paul in shock. I was desperately trying to process what he had just told me. "Why do they want to find me?"

"They need you for their army. They plan to brainwash you and turn you into a soldier."

I sat there in shock and in disbelief. "How do you know all this?"

"I told you. They told me literally everything. You need to run. Hide. Don't go back to school. Don't go looking for me. Forget me."

"Wait. Why are you helping me?" I asked. I honestly wanted to know.

"I like you, Sky. And I also care for you. To know that you were taken because of me, would kill me from the inside out." Paul answered.

"Thank you." I smiled and pulled him in for a hug.

"Of course. But, Sky. They plan on brainwashing me too. To forget about you. I'll try to fight back but if I come for you, it's because I failed." Paul held my shoulders as he talked to me.

I nodded. "I understand."

Paul kissed my forehead. "Stay safe. Don't leave Peter."

I nodded as he walked out the front door. I went to the back door, picking up my backpack and running towards Peter's house.

"Not so fast." A Russian accent spoke as a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, a strong hand covering my mouth. I screamed and kicked, then teleported out of his grasp, just to be caught in another pair of strong arms.

I felt a rush of wind run past me and the first guy was knocked to the ground. Then I was dropped as the second guy went down.

Peter picked me up in his arms, rushing back to his house. "Are you okay?" He asked, placing his hands on the sides of my face.

I nodded quickly as we sat on the ground in his living room. He pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head. Then I started laughing. "I'm such a girl. I didn't even fight back."

"Well last time I checked you had breasts so...." Peter trailed off.

I raised my head to look at him. "I'm not even gonna ask." I laughed.

Peter laughed along. "I'm just glad you're okay."

"Me too." We sat in silence until I asked him a question that was on my mind since we got here. "How do you always know where I am?"

Peter gave me a serious look, moving some stray hair out of my face. "I know when you're around because I know the sound of your heart." I gave him a confused look. "Don't ask." He smiled.

I smiled back. "I'm lucky to have someone like you here for me."

"Me too." He took my hand in his. He interviewed our fingers, rubbing his thumb in a circular motion on the back of my hand.

"What did your little sister say to you last night that got her so happy?" I had that question ever since last night.

He looked down, fiddling with my hand. Then he looked back up at me. "She asked me if I loved you."

My jaw dropped slightly. He had nodded last night. So Peter loved me? I didn't know how to respond, but some how the words came out of my mouth.

"I-I think I love you too." I looked up in his eyes. He lent down slightly and our lips connected.

This was the best first kiss ever. Especially since it was with my best friend.

"I knew it!" We pulled away and looked at the door. Peter's little sister, Lorna was jumping up and down, pointing at us. She squealed and ran towards us, hugging us both. "This is the best day ever!"

----------

Tell me what you think guys. I really hope you liked it.

I want to apologize that it's short. I had slight writers block.

Q: Do you think Paul is lying about anything he told her?

Farewell until next time.
~Miriah