Chapter 16

Lisa's POV

I'm so nervous to tell my parents, I have no idea if they're going to accept the fact that I'm together with a girl. They like Rose so that's at least one good thing. I really hope they support us.

'Hey are you okay?' I look to my left and see Rose with a worried expression on her face. 'I'm fine, just a little bit nervous.' 'Lise, we're all here to support you and Rose, I'm sure everything is going to be alright.' Christina says as she parks the car in front of my parents' house. 'We're here, let's go!' Amy exclaims and she jumps out of the car.

I slowly get up and follow my sisters, we walk to the kitchen and see that mom and dad are working at the table. 'Hey girls.' Dad greets us as we come in. 'Hey, how come you are all here? I thought you didn't have any band plans for today?' mom closes her laptop. 'Hey dad, hey mom, Lisa needs to tell you something and we're here for support.' Dani blurts out and mom raises her eyebrows. 'Dani!' I slap her arm. 'Sorry.' She mumbles. 'Can we all go and sit in the living room please?' I ask my parents and they nod. We walk to the couches and sit down. 'Mom, Alex and Mike are going to take us to the park, do you know where I left my video-' Christian bursts into the living and sees all of our serious faces. 'Um... wrong timing?' He asks. I shake my head. 'No, call the others, I have something to tell you all.' He looks confused, but turns around and gets the other boys.

'Well, Lisa, what is going on?' Mom asks me with a concerned voice. 'I'm in a relationship.' I blurt out and I see mom's relieved face and she smiles. 'Lisa, that's great! Who's the lucky guy?' I blush and look down. 'It's... uh... not really a guy.' I whisper the last part and my mother looks at me with raised eyebrows. 'Sorry, what did you say? I think I misunderstood you.' I take a deep breath and lock eyes with her. 'It's not a guy, it's a girl. It's Rose. I fell in love with her and I asked her to be my girlfriend, she said yes.'

My mom's smile disappears, she looks shocked at first, but then angry takes its place and she stands up. 'Lisa, this has to be a joke, I do not like this! You're a woman! You need to be with a man, not with a girl. It's wrong!' She looks really mad and I feel a tear rolling down my cheek.

My own mother doesn't accept me.

Rose quickly stands up and hugs me. 'Shhh. It's okay, I'm here.' She kisses my forehead. 'What do you think you're doing? Get away from my daughter! You're trying to make her a lesbian, but that's not going to happen! Do you hear me?' My mom is practically yelling at Rose and I clench my fists.

'Mom! You need to calm down! Rose didn't try to make Lisa a lesbian, they are in love. It's true love, even a fool can see that.'

Thank god for Christina.

'You have no right to tell me what to do! You're my daughter! And this is over, right now. I don't want to see Rose around Lisa anymore.' My mom takes a step forward, but Christina stands in front of her. 'Christina, I'm only going to say this one time. Get out of my way.' 'No.' My older sister stays in the exact same position and I see my other sisters join her. Even Mike, Alex, Christian and Nick follow her example.

Then it happens really quick. A loud smack fills the silence of the room. Christina grabs her cheek, which is now red. My mother freezes and her hand is still raised. 'Lynne!' My dad yells and pulls her hand back. 'O no, I'm so sorry Christina.' My mom walks up to my sister and tries to hug her. 'Don't.' Christina holds up her hand. 'I'm not the one to who you should apologize.' Mom's face turns from worried back to angry again. 'Christina, I-' 'Lynne, this is enough. Please let the girls alone. I'll handle this, you're too angry right now.' Dad looks at my mother with no expression on his face. He doesn't look angry, but he also doesn't look happy. Mom lets out a breathe. 'You're right, make sure they don't get to see each other ever again.' And with that she turns around and walks out of the room.