Chapter Twenty-five • Finale

Dylan's Pov

" Kaya! " Allison screams

I turn around, she falls to the ground the water splashing around her. I run and pick her up

" Check for a pulse " Brendon says trying to not cry.

I check

Please please please wake up

Nothing.

" There's nothing " " move " Brendon pushes me

He begins doing CPR, nothing is happening. She's gone. Forever.

We're back home. Tyler, Brendon even Lydia try to cheer me up but nothing is working.

I tell everyone I'm going for a drive. It's silent, dark and cold.

I'm forced to deal with what I feel
There is no distraction to mask what is real
I could pull the steering wheel

I'm in the middle of nowhere. I miss her so fucking much.

Today is the day of Kaya's funeral. I'm getting ready. I have on just a regular tuxedo, hiding my scars, my pain and my suffering. Just to get the girl I loved.

It's cloudy, I look at the mirror and smash it with my fist.

I'm staring at the floor, sitting beside kaya's parents, Brendon and Allison.

" Dylan do you want to see kaya? " her mom asks me

" Yeah " I say with a sad smile, I take a deep breath and walk up to my girlfriend. She looked so peaceful, I grab her hand.

" I love you Kaya "

" I love you Kaya "

I let go. Allison looks at me trying to smile but the tears come.

I grab her hand

I grab her hand. Brendon wasn't handling it well at all. I understood though, they were the best of friends. They were each others world.

A man walks up to the stand and taps the microphone.

" Can I have your attention please? " everyone goes back to their places. But they let brendon stay with kaya.

" Kaya was a strong, beautiful, confident woman " he starts

" I'm sorry for this but I'm going to take over " I say to kaya's mom, she nods.

I stand up and walk over to the microphone, politely telling the man to leave. He nods and leaves.

" Hi, sorry for the interruption. My name is Dylan O'Brien. " I start

" Kaya, she thought differently from the rest of us. She wasn't the happy and colorful girl everyone thought she was. " I take a breath " She was suicidal. She wanted to kill herself and believe it or not she almost did. She was in the hospital for a week I believe. She lost a lot of blood. "

" She cut herself more than you'd think

" She cut herself more than you'd think. No one was able to stop her. Not even me, I treated her like a goddess. Well at least I tried too. It worked for awhile, then we got together. " I felt a tear drop " I remember it like I was yesterday "

" She told me she wanted to make it official, I was the happiest man alive then. She said

" So you're okay with...a suicidal relationship? "

" if it means I get to date you then I'm okay with it. "

I smile " Okay...I want it to be official "

" really? " he asks excitedly

" Yes and let's not call it a suicidal relationship " I add

" What do we call it then? "

" Suicidal love " "

" That's a day I'll never forget " I say wiping a tear way. " So now everything will be different. I won't be able to hug her or pull her close and tell her everything's okay. Brendon won't be able to have as much fun with anyone else. Allison won't be able to tell anyone her crazy stories "

" But importantly Kaya will be remembered in our hearts, she'll be watching over us. Helping us through every obstacle that's in our future. "

" We love you Kaya. "

____________________________________________________________________
Hey guys so this is it. The final chapter of suicidal love.
I almost cried writing this chapter I hope you enjoyed it :)
Love you guys. ♡

" And now I just sit in silence "