20

Sammy

The next morning was a blur. I didn't get up till around one p.m. Jack and Nash called me thousands of times but I turned off my phone. Currently, I was making myself a sandwich. My dried tears were still on my cheeks. I was so fucking tired and scared. Scared that I would never get over the fact that she's fucking dead.

I toasted my sandwich and began eating it, pushing it away after a few bites. My home phone began to ring and I jerk up my head as it did. My home phone never rings, ever. I pick it up, throwing away my sandwich. About to press the decline button, I realized it was Nash calling. He wouldn't call my home phone if it wasn't important.

"Nash?" I answer. "Jack oh my god finally." He breaths. I furrow my eyebrows and sit down on my couch, "Why are you calling me? I'm really not in the mood." I mumble.

"Sammy you have to come back to the hospital." Nash said.

"Why would I need to go there? Please n-" I start but he cut me off quickly, "They need you here to ask questions. Please you need to come down." He said sternly. I sigh and nod my head as if he could see me, "Be there in ten minutes." I said and hung up.

Quickly, I throw on some joggers and a plain t-shirt. Grabbing my wallet and phone which I turned back on again, I head off to the hospital. I texted Nash that I was here and just as I did he walked up to me.

"Hey.." I mumbled looking him in the eyes. He gave me a sad look, "Room 1769." He said. I thanked him and nodded, taking the elevator. My thoughts trace back to last night, the screaming. Crying, pain and Kendall being gone. I think back to when I first met her. That guy touching her and me pushing him off. I remember looking at her perfect face and wanting to kiss her every fucking time.

The elevator rung and I looked up, realizing I was finally on the floor. I looked around and around for the room. It was at the end of the hall on the left. I opened the door and it was room with a bed in it. Part of me was so confused and lost, what was going on? A doctor came out the bathroom and smiled, "You must be Sammy!" He said. I nod confusingly, "Yeah uh- why am I here?" I asked. He looks into the bathroom and I see a flash of brown hair appear. I swallowed hard, I must be dreaming.

"K-Kendall?" I choke. She comes around the corner and looks at me shyly, "Hey Sammy." My eyes start to water as I put my phone down. I walk up to her and pick her up, "You're fucking alive."

"H-how is this possible?" I asked looking at the doctor. "Her heart stopped beating and we called the time of death also. I realized I could save her and we preformed a small surgery." He smiles. I look down at Kendall who had the biggest smile on her face. "I'll give you two a moment and then we can discuss the discharge papers." He said leaving the room.

When he left I look at Kendall shocked, tears running down my face. "W-why are you crying? Oh my gosh Sammy don't cry." She said sadly.

"I-I thought I lost you ken." I cry hugging her. She held me tightly and jumped onto my torso. I set her down on the bed and got in between her thighs, "You don't understand the amount of pain I was in." I cry.

Her eyes were watering, and she started crying as well, "I'm here now Sammy. It's okay." She said sadly.

"A-and you wanted to die! I thought it was my fault! Did you want to die because of me?" I asked. She shook her head and looked at me with a mad look, "No sammy! Of course not."

"Sammy I love you." She said.

"What?" I choke.

And then I woke up. Because it was all a fucking dream. Kendall really was dead.