III. A LIST OF IMPORTANCE

when i leave, tell the kids:

1. to make their beds. tell them to do it even if they have girls and/or guys over every single night. it's polite (p.s. watch out for quentin. he's guilty of ignoring this rule, and tell him that i know what the headboard banging in the middle of the night means)

2. not to write on the walls. it's annoying to clean, and i thought it was going to pass after oh, maybe kindergarten? but it never did. like i said, it's annoying (p.s. tell caleb to draw on paper instead. it's a lot more versatile and i think he'll love it)

2. to go against misogyny and misandry (or anything of the like, really) even if society chooses not to (p.s. emphasize this rule - yes, it's a rule - with alice. she's too afraid of what others think and slowly getting battered down for it. i've spotted one too many bruised knees)

3. to believe in a god or a deity. or not. it's quite simple, really. either choose religion (or hell, make your own) or secularism. oh, and there's always the option of neither. they'll figure it out (p.s. kodiak is getting bullied at school for not being a committed atheist. get him boxing lessons or something to beat the bullies' skinny asses. or teach him a few more curse words. it can't hurt)

that's all i can think of for now, but it's a growing list.

- A LIST OF IMPORTANCE [ALTERNATIVELY NAMED: ON A LINED SHEET OF PAPER - 7.7.16]