Pt 4: Dear grandpa

There is nothing more precious than life itself, there are people who live but doesn't have a life and there are others who wants to have a life but doesn't have time to live and there are those who have both, a life to live. This story follows the season when I thought I will loose my most favorite person in the world, my grandfather.

It was the last month of summer, I thought I was gonna go home alone again as usual but to my surprise mom was home, oh yeah I forgot it was her time off, so I proceed to enter. Then I overhear her conversation with my grandmother and her voice was trembling. I got upstairs to change clothes, because I know the conversation will take long, then i heard her cry. As soon as i finish changing i ran downstairs and asked mom what happened. "The hospital had to use a defibrillator on grandpa, he had a heart attack." she said in tears. I sat down for a while to process what she said, "they used a defibrillator." i said to myself, "it means grandpa died." I put my hand on my mouth and stood up. "how is he? did it work?" I asked worriedly. "yes it worked, grandma said he's sleeping." i sat back again and thanked god.

"I thought they were only at the hospital to check his infected wound? I haven't seen them since yesterday. what happened?" I asked puzzled.

"yes, but they had to stay in the hospital and so they slept over, this morning grandpa was using the toilet and he pushed too hard he had a heart attack, good thing grandma was there to call help." Mom told me.

"I'm not ready to loose him mom, please, not now, it's too soon." I was clenching my fist.

 Then memories flooded my head, memories of my grandmothers brother. The person who took care of me when mom was working and not at home. My memories of him and his wife, Great-uncle Ben and Great-aunt Maria. They thought me many things, like, to forgive people even though they did you wrong, and to help people in need even if that person did you wrong. Up until now I still live by their teachings, because of them I was able to make many friends. Even if the person is a bully i still forgive them or help them. I was not vengeful, I get mad yes, but I ask for forgiveness in exchange they forgive me and I forgive them and then we become friends, I even helped them change, stopped them from being a bully, it's all thanks to great-uncle Ben and great-aunt Maria.

Great-uncle and Great-aunt never had a child, they say it was because one of them was infertile, but i was still happy, because even though they can't bear a child they were still together, even after the passing of great-uncle Ben. Looking back, I grieved for days after his funeral. Great-aunt Maria, now a widow was alone in the house, good thing that their house was close to ours too so I visited her from time to time, and not long her brother lived with her so i was relieved that she won't be lonely.

After reliving my memories mom talked to me during dinner. "let's visit grandpa tomorrow, I'm sure he'll be happy to see you." she smiled at me.

I nodded and continued eating, but the food only fills my stomach and not my empty heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. just to make things clear, his nickname really is Ben, I'm didn't make it up so don't compare me to peter :)