Pt 7: Exchange

At school every Thursday, we must go to the library to have this thing called "library study" where we'll study for 1 hour before dismissal and in my defense is pointless because whenever I go home, the first thing that I'd do is sit down, gather my shit together and study, needless to say I have good grades, not top standards but enough to pass me through. then one time when me and Lily were "studying" we talked about friends, and she asked me, "who are your friends here?" and so I listed their names, "Jhon, Russ, Dave, Drake, Jullie, Sarrah and you."

"me?" she asked confused.

"well, yeah, I mean haven't we been in good terms lately and we're hanging out, y'know" I said smiling.

Then she frowned and told me, "who told you that we're friends, I never even asked you to be my friend." then after that she never talked to me.

On dismissal I followed her and she stopped and sighed, "sorry I was like that earlier, I didn't know how to react, that was the first time someone told me that I am their friend and not the other way around, so hey, wanna be friends?" she looked at me sincerely. 

Of course big ol' me said "yes!" with a blissful face and we walked home together.

after all that me and Lily are friends, we were talking to each other none stop, about anime, drawings stuff and Role plays, speaking of role plays, we did it a lot she'll be the heroin and i'll be the supporting character as usual, and all in all it was fun.  and more good news for me is that my grandfather was in stable condition, by the start of autumn my grandfather will finally be freed from the hospital and for that I am eternally happy.

It's the beginning of autumn and the doctor called and said that my grandfather can go out of the hospital, so we were really really happy but since this is life there are also bad news after good news, when grandpa got well, Great-aunt Maria died on her bed, it was too sudden, i only heard the news, i didn't see her, "this is like Deja Vu, I didn't see Great-uncle Ben too when he died. damn." Then i pondered over and over, then it hit me, I might be insane but it might have been something on what she said, That she'd rather die than to let my grandfather die.   

On the final day of my great-aunts funeral, I asked mom what cemetery they buried great-uncle, but she shakes her head and told me that great-aunts other siblings doesn't want her to be buried in a christian cemetery, they wanted to bury her somewhere else, where people of their religion are buried. I was pissed off, pissed off that i couldn't do anything, and that they won't be buried together one last time.

mom told me that when I grow up, if I want to, I can get them buried together.

Of course my obvious answer was "i will."

 In life there are religions and beliefs, we pray to our gods or God, we do our own traditions, but what I really like about it is how it connects people, like my great-aunt and my great-uncle, during their youth they were in different religions and yet they still got together. Maybe there is something a powerful as belief or religion that echoes through the ages, and for me it is the power of love, and it intrigues me how until now no can specifically or no one can really define what love really means.