Pt 11: Gut Feeling

Have you ever Got the feeling that today is gonna be a good day, and you can just feel it in your guts that it will be? Well I also had that feeling one day.

It was the 5th of the penultimate month of the year and it was a chilly night, I was at peace looking at the stars contemplating on life, as usual asking the questions "what would it feel like when I die? will I feel me loosing my breathe? will it just be a sudden blank then the afterlife? is it Heaven, Nirvana, or Valhalla? or something worst, nothing. Will I know if I'm dead or not?" There questions always keeps me awake at night, making me remember that I will not live forever and even I will grow old and wither in the end. But I usually keep my mind off or forget this thoughts when I eat midnight snacks then go back to sleep.

The next day I woke up before the alarm when off, and happily brushed my teeth and I looked at myself in the mirror and said "today is gonna be a good day, my gut feeling says so." And so I happily started the day by cooking breakfast for mom and my sister and left early with both of them still sleeping, and we all know where to stop every time we leave home early, right? The library of course and the best thing has yet to happen.

As I got out of the library to go back to my class, I saw a wallet at the stairs and looked inside, "holy shit, it's full of one thousands." I closed it and thought it through, since I was thought to always give lost things to their owners and I was really a good boy, I tried to look for the owner luckily he was at auditorium and I gave it back, he was about to give me money but I looked at the time and ran off to my classroom, until today don't know how much he was gonna give me.

when I got back to the classroom I was almost gonna get marked as late but luckily I was not marked late, and more luckily it's the counting or marking of report cards so the teachers are usually out and me and Lily kept chatting about animes and drawing. 

Then my friends teases us saying "oh hey guys look it's lover boy and sweet girl." It didn't really bother us because nothing was really happening between us.

During our break time me and Lily were just eating at the canteen then suddenly one of our upperclassman greeted and sat next to us and talked about stuff, then he asked us,  "do you love each other?" gee thanks for the question, you dingus.

me and Lily stopped for a moment and thought for an answer, and then we told him at the same time.

"as a friend!" she said.

"no!" I said.

Then our senpai was surprised and I was surprised and she was surprised and then she stood up and walked out of the canteen, "you done fucked up now bro." he told me.

"shut up." I said, and then I went back into class.

after that event she really didn't talk to me the whole time, and I was starting to worry she might be mad at me for not saying "as a friend" or something, man and here I thought my day was gonna be great, I was wrong.

Dismissal time she called me out to the auditorium where we would always hang out like usual, and there was this awkward atmosphere, of course I broke it with an apology and then she asked me, "did you mean it?"

"no I-I didn't mean it." I stuttered.

"then why did you say that?" she asked, voice cracking.

"I was in a panic, I didn't know what to do, actually I....uh....I like you." I looked down blushing.

"like me?" she asked confused.

"I like like you, as in I....uhm....." I couldn't say it, I was to shy about it.

"well tell me, dammit." she was listening intently as if she knew what I was going to say.

"look, Lily, I...I love you... and if you want to... uhm.... do you want to go on a date?..." I was looking away as I said that.

she faced me and looked at me, I couldn't look her in the eye, then suddenly she kissed me and told me, "of course we can, you dingus." then she took off smiling.

and after that day we started going on dates, but she still had to keep our relationship a secret because of religion reasons, but my parents were totally okay with it.

In the end my gut feeling was right, today was a very good day, I got to hang out with friends, I get to confess and get myself my first girlfriend, yeah life was good back then and it's all thanks to that ass of a senpai. I never really got to thank him for that, so if ever you're reading this, thank you for asking that awkwardly beautiful question.