Marichat: She's the One

Ladybug does not exist. Chat Noir is a fuckboy. And a certain bluenette has caught his eye.

Marinette was having a dandy time. It was an absolutely wonderful evening, the stars shining, a slight breeze kissing her exposed skin. The blue-haired girl was sitting out on her balcony, a warm mug of jasmine tea in her hands, a blanket thrown over her shoulders.

Her Friday night was running smoothly, mind at ease, body relaxed.

That is, until she heard a familiar voice pierce the silence.

"Why hello there, Princess."

Cue the internal groaning.

"Chat," Marinette acknowledged coldly, not daring to peel her gaze away from the Parisian horizon.

"What are you doing out here, alone?" Chat asked, the sound of him landing behind her echoing in the air. "I could keep you company, y'know. If you want."

Let me just say this clearly;

Chat Noir was the hero of Paris, but he was also a fuckboy. Tragic, yes. He was gorgeous, but he was a snob, a massive flirt, and a shameless person all around.

The skills he lacked in gentleman stuff was made up for in the "he-kinda-saves-Paris-every-day" department.

Marinette sighed. "I don't need your company, thanks. I'm fine." Marinette heard an exasperated huff behind her, and she silently smiled. She liked annoying Chat Noir.

"So what brings you here?" Chat asked the bluenette, sitting on the lounge chair beside hers. Giving him a sideways glance, Marinette raised her eyebrows.

"Um, I live here?" was her response, confusion playing into her time. Chat coughed, a small blush peppering his face, his expression almost bashful.

"Right." That was all he said to fill in the silence that had dropped in between the two, a thick cloud of pure awkwardness. Chat internally groaned.

Why can't I talk normally to her?

"Soo..." Marinette drawled, lowering her mug of tea into her lap. "Did you come here for anything? Or are you just dropping by?"

"Dropping by," Chat answered, getting up and jumping onto her balcony railing. "You looked lonely, and I couldn't help but notice that you look stunning tonight." He winked at her, flirtatious smile wide, and Marinette raised her eyebrows.

"Is that so, huh?" she asked, her face screaming I'm done with your shit, her eyes betraying her internal amusement.

Chat nodded to her comment, but his brows knotted together when Marinette lifted her mug of tea. Staring straight into his luminescent emerald eyes, she positioned her cup above her lap.

Chat tilted his head in confusion.

Marinette, face emotionless, she overturned the cup and dumped the tea onto her legs.

"What the hell!" Chat jerked back, eyes wide, surprised and confused.

"Oh, look at that," Marinette commented, staring at her lap blandly. "I accidentally spilled my tea. How unfortunate."

"Why did you do that?!" Chat screeched, hopping down from the balcony railing and moving forward to reach the bluenette.

"Oh well, now I have to go inside and change. How clumsy of me," Marinette continued, brushing off Chat's worries and dusting herself off. She got up from her lounge chair, made her way over to the skylight hatch, and opened it up.

Chat Noir just stared in shock as se climbed down into her room calmly, ignoring the scalding tea that dripped down her legs.

After a minute or two of standing there, alone on the balcony, the girl's head popped out from the hatch.

"Aren't ya gonna leave?" she asked, her tone annoyed. Chat coughed, a blush rocking his cheeks, eyes glued to the floor.

"Um, yeah." He hopped back onto the balcony railing, and Marinette disappeared into her room again.

Chat sighed, glancing back at the trapdoor, her memory fresh in his mind. Feeling dazed, Chat leaped away into the night.

-*-

Thinking back on it, Chat realized her little act was a ploy to get him to leave her alone. She's hardcore, he thought, smiling at the memory of her soft porcelain skin and bright blue eyes.

Oh yeah. She's the one.