Night time

The three girls were at Clara's house. Clara's little brother Kai was blowing the candles while everyone was singing the "Birthday song"
"Happy birthday Kai" Belle said giving him a present.
"Thank you" Kai said with a smile.
"I taught him to say that" Clara said feeling proud of her brother.
The party was grand. And at the end, Clara begged Belle and Crystal to stay.
"I am sorry, I have to go home before 10" Belle said remembering that she had promised her Mom that she would be back in time for family gathering tonight.
So, Belle went home.
........
........
Her house was filled with Human beings. They were eating and talking. Belle hated family gatherings it was all annoying. It used to be good when her grandma was alive, but now she has no one to talk to, Except for her 7 year old cousin Shawn. But he was the person she hated the most in this world. She was thankful because his house is like on the other side of the world. So, he won't visit so often, only once in two years.
Belle went to her room. She saw Shawn sitting on her bed and messing with Hooty's feathers.
"Hey, Shawn! get out..!" she raged .
But this time without putting up a fight, he just left.
"Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong with him.." Belle said to herself.
And then she shut the door and went under her blanket. But she couldn't sleep because of all the sound in her house. So she sat on her bed and began talking to Hooty. She was telling him what had happened at Clara's house.
And then there was a knock on her door, it was her dad.
"You shouldn't have shooed Shawn out like that, he is here because his Mother is running a high fever" he said and continued "He is going to stay here till she gets better"
And saying that he left the room leaving the door open. Belle was worried, not about her Aunt Haley's health, she hated her anyways. But because of snoopy Shawn. What if he finds out about room number 0 and tells it to her mom?
As time passed the voices in the house became slower and slower, the guests might be leaving the house. Then there came a time when everything was silent. Belle was still awake, talking to Hooty. And Hooty was Hooting as if it can understand.
Then all a sudden it flew from her and went outside her room. Belle followed it.
"Hooty come back" she said breaking the night's silence.
She heard the clock tick, it was 12'o clock. And Hooty flew into the kitchen. It was dark and she could hear a feminine voice humming from the kitchen. It was so familiar.
Belle peaked in. She could see Mary standing in the kitchen with mom's biggest knife. Belle was so afraid, Hooty was attacking Mary, he clawed at her bare skin and then all of a sudden Mary threw the knife at Hooty. It flew straight at his head and separated the head from the body. Blood falling on the white kitchen floor. 'HOOTY WAS DEAD'
"Nooooooo" Belle screamed at the sight.
Mary turned at her. Belle was crying, as Mary came closer to her. Belle stared at Mary, Belle realized it wasn't Mary, She surely looked like her, But Mary's eyes were purple and these eyes which Belle saw were red.
Belle screamed as loud as she can and ran to her parents room.
"What's wrong" her parents asked terrified.
Belle wouldn't speak and she was crying, wishing it would just be a nightmare but it was the bitter reality.
Even Shawn woke up. "What's going on" he said trying to figure out what all the commotion was about.
Belle wouldn't still speak. Her dad switched on the lights.
Her mom and dad both waiting for her to speak.
"Kitchen" Belle said just "kitchen"
Her dad rushed to the kitchen. And came out looking rather sad he had the dead body of Hooty in his hand.
But it was in one piece, the head was still joined to the body.
"It happens" Shawn said and went back to sleep.
"Shawn is right" her mom begin in a soft voice "everything has to die one day"
Belle stopped crying. She was puzzled she ran to the kitchen, the floor was white and sparkly as before, no blood.
Was she seeing things? She was sure she had seen Hooty's head separated from the body.
She went back to Hooty, His body was cold, she took him in her hands, while her parents tried best to console her. She looked at Hooty and began crying again.
It was a long night for her.

Have you ever lost a pet? :'( Let me know in the comment section.