Heart break

Next morning,Clara and Crystal came. They knew about what happened last night. Crystal saw Belle and started crying, because Crystal was very soft hearted. Even the littlest things brought tears to her eyes.
Clara sat next to Belle, not saying a word. Belle was staring at the floor, looking very sad.
There was an awkward silence all over. Until Clara hugged Belle so hard, Clara couldn't take it anymore. Seeing a person sad was the thing she didn't want.
Belle hugged back and Crystal joined in.
"He was my only pet" Belle started with a teary eye and continued " I loved him alot, but now he is gone" she sobbed again.
It almost broke Clara's heart to hear that. And there was nothing she could do about it.
"So where is he now" Crystal asked wondering.
"In that" Belle pointed to a box beside her bed.
And then she stood up and picked the box in her hands.
"I think it is about time" Belle said and she was ready to bury Hooty.
Her tears had stopped, and she put on her black jacket on top of her PJs.
Belle led them to the stairs, then they went out, into the backyard, where tiny Rose bushes grew.
With her hands she dug the earth and when it was deep enough, she put the box in and said a final goodbye.
After a while her parents joined her, they seemed a bit sad too. Her good for nothing cousin Shawn was still asleep.
And they placed a stone and headed back home.
Belle was not crying anymore. Crystal held her hand, caring for her. And when they were back in Belle's room,
"How did this happen" Crystal asked very concerned.
"It was Mary" came the unexpected reply from Belle.
"What..?" Clara jumped up in surprise "It can't be her, she wouldn't hurt a fly"
"What do you know about her" Belle replied, "I saw her with my own eyes"
Belle suddenly remembered.. Eyes.. those eyes which the attacker had were red. Belle was a bit confused now.
But then she remembered Hooty had clawed her right hand.
"Are you sure" Crystal asked interrupting Belle's thoughts.
"We are gonna find out" Belle said "If Mary has a claw mark on her right hand then it is her, Now let's go"
"Woah woah woah, slow down, tell us what happened" Clara asked, she was not able to understand anything.
And Belle said the whole story.
And after that, they three were ready to go and find out. Crystal was a bit scared but she didn't want to make Belle sad. So they headed.. To room number 0