Chapter 13

Many months pass. Zayn has left the band and taken Perrie with him. The remaining members of the band work with what they have as they continue touring and begin making a new album. Harry and Erin's relationship grows stronger by the day, and Niall has been keeping in touch with Anna and her mom. A few days prior to when the story picks back up, the group flew to Ohio so that Niall could fulfill his promise to Anna. Now, they're at the Columbus airport, waiting on their flight to the next location of the tour: El Paso, Texas.

"I've asked my dad if we can stay at the house when we get there," Erin tells the group. "He's okay with the idea, and he hopes we arrive safely."

"That's one less thing to worry about," Liam says. "At least we don't have to worry about a hotel." A little less than a hour later, the group goes through the production of getting on the plane. Everyone's exhausted by the time they finally get on the plane; once it takes off, most of the group falls asleep. Niall and Anna, on the other hand, are playing a quiet game of war with a deck of cards that Niall's brought with him.

"I've watched a couple videos of you performing over the past few months," Anna says as she flips a card. "You look a lot happier than you did when I saw you in London."

"That's because I finally have someone that I can relate the songs to," Niall replies. Anna smiles shyly, and Niall smiles back at her as he grabs her hand. As soon as he does, Anna shivers a little.

"Are you alright?" he asks gently. Anna nods her head and replies,

"I'm not r-really used to someone holding my h-hand."

"Would you like me to let go?"

"No," Anna answers. "You're not doing anything wrong, N-Niall."

"Okay," Niall says. Anna shivers again, this time from the cold.

"Niall?" she asks softly.

"Yes, Anna?"

"Since you're closer to it, could you please get my blanket?" Niall gets up and goes through the overhead compartment until he finds Anna's blanket. He hands it to her as he sits back down.

"Thanks," Anna says as she wraps the blanket around her. Niall notices that Anna's still shivering, even with the blanket. He puts the deck of cards away and asks her,

"Would you like me to join you under the blanket?"

"How warm are you?" In response, Niall grabs her hand.

"Okay," Anna says. "Sure." Niall helps Anna get the blanket bundled around them. He wraps his arms around her, and she rests her head on his chest and quickly falls asleep.

"Psst," Niall hears someone say a few minutes later. He turns his head towards the pair of seats across from him.

"What, Harry?" Niall asks quietly.

"She sacked out, too?" Niall nods his head after a couple moments of confusion, and Harry whispers,

"You should kiss her."

"I don't want to disturb her," Niall replies. "Besides, I want to wait for the right time."

"I understand," Harry says. Just then, Erin stirs. She mumbles,

"I'm hungry." Turning his attention away from Niall, Harry asks,

"What do you want to eat?"

"A banana," Erin replies sleepily. Harry waves a flight attendant over and asks him to get two bananas. As Harry's waiting, he looks out the window and decides to take a picture of the sun shining on Erin's face. When the flight attendant returns with the bananas, Harry wakes Erin up and gives her the piece of fruit. The rest of the flight remains uneventful, and the plane lands in El Paso a few hours later. Once everyone is off the plane, has all of their luggage, and gets through the crowd of fans and paparazzi, the group heads via car to Erin's house. When they get there, Erin's dad is waiting for them outside. The group heads inside after catching up, and they drop their luggage off in rooms before going to the living room to watch TV. Harry and Erin end up passing out on the couch while cuddling, and Louis and Niall take the opportunity to go shopping for prank supplies. Anna excuses herself to have some alone time. When Niall and Louis return from the store a couple hours later, everyone eats dinner. Once Harry and Erin are done eating, they decide to go to a nearby park. When they get there, Erin tags Harry, making him chase her as she runs away from him.