Chapter 10

Up until mid-afternoon the next day, the group is busy with prepping for the performance. Everyone's relieved when it's announced that they can go to the stadium and sit around for a bit before the concert. There are two limos waiting for them; Harry, Erin, Liam, and Sophia get in the first one, and the rest of the group gets in the other one. The limos drive them to backstage parking so that they can get inside without much trouble. Erin's amazed by the amount of buses and semi-trucks that are there. The group gets out and walks to an area backstage where they can lounge around. When they get there, Erin starts internally freaking out; 5 Seconds of Summer are waiting for them. The band gets up from their seats and says hi to the group.

"Who's she?" Luke asks Harry.

"Probably his new girlfriend," Ashton says before Harry gets a chance to answer. "At least, if social media is any indication of the truth." Harry nods his head.

"This is Erin," Harry replies. "Erin, this is Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael, also known as 5 Seconds of Summer."

"Judging by the look on her face, she probably knew that already," Calum says. Erin blushes and tries to hide behind Harry.

"Don't make her a nervous wreck," Michael tells Calum. He then says to Harry,

"I'm glad you found her. It's about time you let other people in." Just then, someone pokes in and announces,

"Be ready in five."

"That would be us," Luke says once the guy goes away. "We can take a quick picture before we go, though." The group huddles together, and Ashton takes a selfie of all of them. Then, they wish each other goodbye, and the band leaves to go on stage. Just as Erin gets ready to sit down, Louis beckons her to join him. They walk a little ways from the group so that they can talk in private.

"Are you going to be okay, Erin?" Louis asks. Erin replies,

"I think so. I'm just really nervous. It's my first actual performance with you guys, and I don't want to mess up." Louis nods his head understandingly.

"You're not going to mess up. Even if you do, it doesn't matter. We'll be there to make sure you're okay."

"I'll try to keep that in mind."

"We should head back before anyone gets suspicious." Erin agrees, and she and Louis join the rest of the group back in the lounging area. Erin sits next to Harry, who wraps an arm around her. The group begins talking about their upcoming performance. Liam tells Harry and Erin that they will most likely be going on stage last. After a bit, the group gathers around to pray. Everyone decides that Liam should lead it. He clears his throat before beginning.

"Lord, thank You for giving us the opportunity to be here tonight. We hope that our performance will satisfy the fans. Please protect us from harm on the stage this evening. We would also like to thank You for giving Harry Erin. His attitude has changed significantly since she came into his life. Thank You, and Amen." The group echos back their Amen.

"Wait!" Niall exclaims as the group breaks away.

"Niall," Zayn replies, "we're not doing it again. Didn't the last time teach you anything? We nearly missed our cue!" Erin looks at Harry, confused as to what's going on.

"Squad God," he whispers. "Another little tradition." Erin nods her head, and Harry steps away from her.

"I don't see the harm, Zayn," he says louder. "Besides, we had one of our best performances the last time, even though we nearly missed our cue." Zayn sighs in defeat, and the group comes in once more.