Chapter 9

The group gets up early the next morning to head to the recording studio. Everyone is still trying to wake up when they arrive, and breakfast is awaiting them inside. Once the group has something in their stomach, they head to where their rehearsal is to take place. Erin is staring around in awe; she has never been in this big of a building before. One of the managers walks up to the group, introduces himself to Erin, and asks her to go in the recording booth and sing a song. Nervous, she steps into the booth and thinks of a song to sing. When the light inside the booth turns on, she begins singing "Ready to Run". Once she's done, she steps out of the booth, where Harry is waiting with a small, rectangular box.

"What is this?" Erin asks.

"Open it, and you'll find out," Harry replies. He hands the box to Erin, and she opens it. Inside, there's a necklace with an infinity symbol on it. When she flips the sign over, she sees the words "Forever In Our Hearts" with everyone's name on it.

"Thank you," Erin tells Harry.

"You're welcome," Harry replies. "I hope you like it. Everyone chipped in to get this. Would you like me to put it on for you?" Erin nods her head. Harry has Erin turn around and pull her hair off to one side so that he can put the necklace around her neck. Once it's on, Erin and Harry join the others for rehearsal.

A few hours later, the manager dismisses the group. The girls decide to take Erin back to the hotel so that they can help her get ready to meet Harry's parents. Meanwhile, the boys walk to a small shop to talk in private. They get stopped by a few fans along the way, but they manage to get to their destination in less than a half hour.

"I want to surprise Erin," Harry tells the boys. "I'm not sure what to do for her, though."

"Maybe we can look around and see if anything inspires you," Liam suggests. The boys agree, and they walk around the shop. Several minutes pass, and no one has found anything. Finally, Niall asks,

"How about a scrapbook?" Harry walks over to where Niall is. He sees the scrapbook that Niall's looking at. It's royal purple and simple looking.

"Perfect," Harry replies. The scrapbook gets purchased, and the guys leave the shop. The girls, meanwhile, are going in and out of clothing stores to get something nice for Erin. During this shopping trip, Erin receives a text from her dad.

Hi, honey! I miss you so much. I hope you're having fun. Be safe. I love you.

Erin texts back a reply and smiles. She's in a good mood for the rest of the shopping trip. The girls go back to the hotel to help Erin with her hair and makeup. Erin confides in them about her nervousness. Sophia asks her,

"Do you want to talk about it?" Erin nods her head.

"I'm a bit scared that Harry's family won't like me very well."

"Don't be," Perrie replies. At Erin's confused look, she adds, "They'll adore you. You'll be fine."

"You think so?" Erin asks. Eleanor says,

"Just act like you would around Harry: relaxed and natural."

"Thanks, guys." As the girls wrap up getting Erin pretty, Harry and the other guys are walking to his and Erin's hotel room.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Liam asks Harry.

"Of course not," Harry lies, which causes Niall to roll his eyes.

"Come on," he says. "We've known each other too long." Harry sighs.

"So what if I am?" They come up to the door, and Louis has to force Harry to knock on it. When it opens, Harry's nervousness increases.