Chapter 12

After a series of tests, Harry and Erin get ready to leave the hospital mid-afternoon the next day. Erin texts her dad, and he arrives to help Harry sign release forms. As the two men are going over papers, Erin happens to see two people crying. She walks over to them and introduces herself. Erin asks them what's wrong after they tell her their names: Sally and Maria. As she listens, she learns that Maria's sister Belle is in the cancer ward in this hospital, and she doesn't have that much longer to live. Harry sees Erin talking to a couple people, and he walks over to her once the papers are in order.

"Hey, Erin," he says to her when he gets to her. "Who are you talking to?" Erin introduces Maria and Sally to Harry and tells him about Belle.

"Do you think we'd be able to see her?" Harry asks once Erin's done talking.

"I don't see why not," Sally replies. Erin and Harry follow Sally and Maria to Belle's room. Sally has Harry and Erin wait outside briefly.

"Belle?" Sally asks when she enters the room.

"Yeah, Mom?" Belle weakly replies.

"You have a couple people who wish to see you," Sally says. She has Maria bring Harry and Erin in. As soon as she sees them, Belle's face lights up.

"Mom, this is them!" she whispers happily. "I can't believe it!" Harry and Erin talk to Belle for a little bit, then they decide to pray before they leave. The five of them hold hands, and Harry says,

"Thank You for giving Erin and me the opportunity to meet Belle. She has a bright soul, and we hope that You can find a way to help Belle. Please give Belle's family the strength needed to go through this. Amen." An exchange of goodbyes and a couple pictures later, Harry and Erin leave the hospital to head back to the hotel. On the way there, she texts Liam,

I'm finally out of the hospital.

Liam quickly replies,

That's great! How about we celebrate tonight?

Erin texts that she likes the idea, and she puts her phone away. She starts thinking about Belle and gets a bit sad. Harry notices Erin's change of mood; once they get into their hotel room, Harry says,

"She's going to be okay, Erin. No matter what happens to her." Erin sniffles a little.

"Do you think I did the right thing, Harry?" she asks, sitting down on the bed.

"Yes," Harry replies as he sits beside her. "It really made her day."

"Then, I'm glad we did it," Erin says.

"So am I." Erin wipes her tears, then says,

"I love you, Harry."

"I love you, too," he replies. A couple moments later, Harry leans in and kisses Erin. She kisses him back, and they get really into it. Erin begins feeling strange after a bit, and she quickly pulls away from Harry.

"Everything alright, sweetheart?" Harry asks.

"I'm not sure," Erin replies. "I got a weird feeling in my gut."

"Were we going too fast?" Thinking about it, Erin nods her head.

"Erin, I'm sorry," Harry says. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"It's okay," Erin replies. "You didn't know." Erin looks away from Harry, making Harry grab her hand.

"You have nothing to be ashamed of," he whispers.

"I've made you angry, haven't I?" Erin asks.

"No, baby!" he exclaims. "In fact, I'm glad you said something."