Chapter 9

It was sunrise now and it was now October 31, 2015 and Kanan was asleep in the passenger seat. Athena looked to the side of the road and saw a sign for a farmer's market, it said American dollars accepted so Athena turned into the driveway. She went down a small hill and saw a bunch of stands full of food and other stuff.

"Kanan! Wake up!" Athena shouted to her older brother.

"Huh?" Kanan asked as he suddenly woke up.

"I found a farmer's market. We can get some food and something for your bite."

"Okay, how we gonna pay?" Kanan asked.

"The sign says that they accept American dollars."

"Good, let's go."

"One more thing, don't say anything except ' Vamos hermana'."

"Okay, got it," Kanan confirmed as they both got out of the car.

Kanan followed Athena over to a stand.

"Hola señor. Nuestra madre ha sido mordido por un murciélago y necesita algo para curarla," Athena said.

"Tengo algunas especias que pueden ayudar..." The man behind the stand asked.The man reached to a bottle filled with a liquid and placed it in front of him, "20 peso."

"Cuanto en dolares americanos?" Athena asked.

" 5 dolares."

Athena placed a $5 bill on the table and the man handed the bottle to Athena.

"Espero que la madre recupere pronto."

"Gracias," Athena said as she took the bottle and walked away. "Vamos hermano," Athena spoke to Kanan as he lagged behind.

He sighed and walked faster.

By the time they had finished they had gotten some fruit, an air freshener and two hats . When Kanan got in the passenger seat, he immediately put the air freshener on the rear view mirror.

"Remind me why we got those hat?" Athena asked.

"You said that we should blend in."

"A sombrero isn't gonna help. It just makes you look like a tourist."

"I like the sombrero," Kanan commented as he put his sombrero on.

Kanan's sombrero was brightly colored and was hitting Athena in the side of her head. Athena swatted at the large, colorful hat, but it was still in her face.

"Take off the hat, or I swear, I will throw it out the window!"

"Fine," Kanan said as he took the sombrero off.

"Thank you. How's your hand?"

"It's okay, the wrap is helpful."

"Put that medicine on it, we don't want you to die. The first symptoms will be agitation, and that's the last thing we'll need. We'll get better treatment for it when we get back with the fleet, you still may not have it, but I want to be sure."

"I will in a minute, we still have along way to Guatemala."

"Yep, about 30 hours straight," Athena commented as she turned on the music on her phone, it was 'Cake by the ocean' by DNCE.

Oh no
See you walking 'round like it's a funeral
Not so serious, girl; why those feet cold?
We just getting started; don't you tip toe, tip toe

Ah!
Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece (Huh!)
You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me (Aaahhhh)
You're a real life fantasy, you're a real life fantasy (Huh!)
But you're moving so carefully; let's start living dangerously