Chapter 12

Kanan slowly woke up and saw Athena driving and Rae next to her.  He slowly blinked away the sleeping state he was in and looked over to Athena and Rae as Rae still drove.

Rae was now in a purple tank-top with jeans to her knees. Athena was wearing the blue and green shirt she had gotten at Goodwill with jeans similar to Rae's as they all had changed out of their costumes in a port-o-potty a few hours prior. Kanan had changed back into the clothes he'd gotten at Goodwill also.

"How long was I asleep?" Kanan asked.

"About twelve hours,"Athena answered.

"Twelve hours?!" Kanan yelled. "And you didn't wake me? Did you guys eat or anything?"

"Yes, we pulled over, ate some fruit and used a port-o-potty," Rae answered. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Kanan asked.

"You were exhausted," Athena answered.

"Okay, so how long to Guatemala?" Kanan asked, fully sitting up.

"About 13 hours straight now." Athena said.

"Good," Kanan said. "I'll drive."

"No!" Athena objected. "I'd rather not die today."

"You let me drive before," Kanan pointed out. " For hours."

"I was too tired to think," Athena shrugged.

Rae stifled a laugh laugh under her breath. She enjoyed how the two had argued like siblings, even with their large age difference. It was like they had an unbreakable bond that had been formed just by knowing they were siblings.

"Fine, did the crew contact us?" Kanan said.

"Nope," Rae answered. "Are you hungry?"

"A little," Kanan answered.

Handing Kanan an orange, Athena offered,"Here."

Kanan looked at the strange orange sphere, he asked, "What is it?"

"An orange," Athena answered.

"I know what color it is, but what is it?" Kanan asked.

"An orange," Athena repeated.

"It's called an orange?" Kana questioned.

"Yep, just go with it," told Rae.

Kanan took it out of Athena's hand and bit into the orange and gagged and spat it out onto the floor. He gagged a little bit as he wiped his mouth on his arm.

"Hey! Don't spit that out on the floor!" Rae complained. "Do it out the window!"

"That tastes horrible!" Kanan said, still wiping his mouth.

"You didn't peel the skin off, did you?" Athena rolled her eyes.

"You didn't tell me that," Kanan said.

"Just eat it." 

"You're cranky, aren't you?" Kanan remarked before peeling the skin off the orange and eating the spherical fruit.

After a moment, Athena tapped on her phone and started to play some music. Bo$$ by 5th harmony.

Everyday is payday
Swipe my card, then I do the nae nae
You're talking to a lady
I want a Kanye-ye not a Ray J
So that's a no no

"Oh my gosh! I love this song!" Rae cheered.

"Me too!" Athena agreed.

Then the two started to sing along.