Chapter 5

Kanan was thinking in his room. He wondered about who his mother was, who their mother was. He wondered if being on Earth for so long gave Athena the ability to control nature if she had already had Force abilities. Maybe it was also the reason for Athena's hair color change. Kanan also wondered what happened to their parents.

Ezra felt Kanan through the Force of him being so confused. So he walked into Kanan's room, seeing his Master sitting on his bottom bunk with his hands resting on his curled fists as his elbows rested on his knees.

"Hey," Ezra softly spoke as he entered his Master's cabin.

"Hey," Kanan responded as he looked up and put his hands to his side.

"You thinking about that holovideo?"

"I'm just wondering what happened to Athena's parents." Kanan answered.

"To both of your guys's parents." Ezra corrected.

"Yes, I guess so." Kanan agreed in a soft and low voice.

"I did too when I was a kid on the streets, trust me, it wasn't easy."

"Yeah." Kanan said, looking back to the floor.

"You know, she looks just like you. Except for the fact that your eyes are more blue than hers."

"Really?" Kanan looked over to his Padawan as he sat next to him on his bottom bunk.

"She has green eyes while you have teal eyes." Ezra told.

"I think that her ability to control nature came from her being on Earth for so long. What do you think?" Kanan asked his Padawan.

"Maybe."Ezra shrugged, not sure what to think about that.

Ezra wasn't too sure how Athena had obtained those abilities she had used on Earth. It was strange, yet not so much. When she had used her powers, he and Kanan both felt that it wasn't Lightness or Darkness that she had used. More like an inbetween. A gray between the two sides.

Kanan sighed. "I don't get it. How did our mother know that she was Force-sensitive?"

"Maybe she was Force-sensitive." Ezra guessed "She could have sensed it."

"No, I don't think that's the reason. A Jedi has never had a kid." Kanan paused "I'm also wondering who the father is and... if he's alive."

"Maybe, but you shouldn't be worrying about that." Ezra suggested "It's not healthy."

"You're right." Kanan agreed as he sat fully up and let out a sigh.

"So... she beat you at Dejarik?" Ezra asked, changing the subject.

"Yes" 

"How? They don't have that on Earth." Ezra asked with confusion.

"I guess I'm just that good of a teacher." Kanan said smiling at his Padawan.

"Yes, yes you are." Ezra smiled "Come on, isn't it time for Jedi training?"

"Yeah, I guess so." Kanan shrugged.

"Maybe we can train with Athena and Ahsoka." Ezra suggested as he stood up.

"If Ahsoka is fine with it." Kanan told.

"Cool!" Ezra said pulling Kanan's arm to follow him "Let's go!"

Ezra managed to get Kanan up and he soon let go of his Master's arm as they continued through the Ghost and to the docking port, connecting the ship to the command ship. Ezra walked a little bit in front of Kanan as they passed other rebels. They both could feel Ahsoka's and Athena's Force-signature and followed it down a small ladder that went to the bottom floor of the ship and to a door that was left open.The door led to a large room used for the A-wings and they took a left where they sensed Ahsoka's and Athena's presence to another door. They walked into the large storage room where they saw the Master and Padawan.