The Welcoming Feast

This was seriously really cool.

I fell onto a nearby chair, and disappeared momentarily underneath the pillows.

I jumped out and hugged Adam. This was going to be my favorite place to hang out. Leopold chuckled at my actions.

"Come on, you haven't even seen the rest of the castle yet, and we are to have a welcoming feast later today" Leopold said opening the door again.

They led me around the castle, through the dining hall, courtyard, stables, and towards the ballroom. There were many more rooms in the castle, but I wouldn't need to know all of them for tonight. The last stop would be my room. As I opened the door with them behind me, I gasped again in awe. I stood there taking it all in.

It was perfect.

I slowly walked in, and spun slowly looking at every detail. The sky blue walls were amazing. I knew I would love living here. on the bed was a gold sparkling dress, which I guessed was for the feast.

I checked the time, and asked Leopold when the feast would be, which was in only four hours. I jumped from my trance and pushed them out of my room.

 I jumped from my trance and pushed them out of my room

"I have to get ready! Four hours is not enough!"

I took my purple dress off, and put the gold dress on. As I was looking for accessories, I heard a timid knock on my door. I went over and opened the door. There stood a middle-aged woman with a bag.

"Good Afternoon, Princess. The Queen has sent me to do your hair and makeup."

I nodded excitedly and let her in. I had never had anyone do my hair before. In a half an hour my hair had been set into elegant curls. After my makeup had been put on, another person knocked on the  door. Melissa, my stylist went and opened the door to a very worried man, who bore resemblance to a rat.

"Does she know how to dance?" he asked Melissa.

I shook my head. He sighed.

"We won't be able to teach her in an hour, would we?"

Melissa sighed.

"We have to try."

He came over and introduced himself as James. He then proceeded to teach me the basic steps of ballroom dancing, for the ball tonight. I tried to remember most of it but it was very difficult. In an hour we had learned a few basics. I would be continuing the dance lessons every day until school started. Melissa and James left after my lesson, and soon after Leopold came to get me.

"Remember these rules that I'm going to tell you tonight, because there are going to be royal families from other neighboring islands tonight, and us royals take pleasure in nitpicking mistakes. Rule number one, only talk when introduced to someone, or when talked to. Rule number two, we won't be able to eat so we will meet in the hidden room at nine o' clock to eat while the adults discuss matters. Rule number three, be careful. You don't know everyone, so make sure you can see a guard at all times. I know some of these rules seem outdated, but us royals like to keep with tradition." Leopold finished his spiel as we entered the balcony above the ballroom.

"And rule number four, have fun" Adam added sarcastically.

"I will, don't worry" I replied similarly.

Leopold smiled grimly.

"What happened Leopold?" I asked concerned.

"I'm going to be an adult in a year, and I will be married soon, so Father instructed me to be on the lookout for princesses who are of the age to marry" Leopold finished with a sigh.

I awkwardly patted his back in assurance. What else was I supposed to do?

The clock started chiming, and we waited hidden by the stairs. One by one, the people started entering the vast hall. When the people had filled up the hall, an announcer announced our names and it was our cue to come down. Leopold came down first with much cheering from the crowd. Adam and I hooked arms and went down. I wasn't even expecting as much cheering as Leopold, but the crowd's cheering became deafening. I blushed from the attention.

As I came down, Adam guided me to the guests and introduced me. I smiled warmly and greeted them. After meeting the king and queen of Westria, I was introduced to the Prince of Yivres. He seemed nice, and asked me to dance, and I agreed.

"So you really didn't know that you were a princess?"

"I found out this morning, actually"

"Wow, it must be exciting"

"It is. It's also nerve-wrecking"

He laughed.

"You are very funny, Princess. I'll have to remember you"

I waved politely, and met another family. The Royal family from Keyveris. As I waved bye, I realized with a jolt that it was getting to nine o' clock, so I moved discretely to exit the room, and got to the library, where the door for the hidden room was. I opened the door, and rushed inside. On the table was three boxes of pizza. I settled myself on the chairs, and started eating the cheese pizza.  A moment later Adam came in and started to eat the vegetable pizza.

After a half an hour, a very concerned looking Leopold entered the room.

^ Game Room

^ Game Room