The Night Before My First Day of School Part 2

We were guided into a large room, comparable to size of the Great Hall from Hogwarts. The architecture was older, definitely gothic, not what I expected from seeing the other futuristic buildings on campus.

The staff politely asked for our names, and pointed us to our table. We were near the front of the room, but not too close to the stage.

As more people piled into the room and found their seats, my attention was guided to the stage where a middle aged man entered the stage. He checked the mic and began to speak once he was satisfied that enough attention was being directed towards him.

"Welcome back, students, to another amazing year at this institution. I hope we've all enjoyed our well-deserved breaks and are ready to delve into becoming the best versions of ourselves. As we all should know, the first day back will be a scavenger hunt of sorts, and we've already designated the teams." -a collective groan could be heard emitting from the room- "Now let's stand up and give a round of applause to welcome the new students who've joined us this year."

Ear-splitting applause immediately erupted. I looked around the room at the other tables. Some of the faces seemed familiar; I realized I had seen them on TV or in the news. It suddenly felt so real.

I was in the leagues of the most richest and influential people in the world. Well, I was in the leagues with their children which was practically the same thing.

Adam's group of friends seemed quite interesting. Most of them were royal one way or another, but some of them came from wealthy businesses and corporations. I snuck a quick look at Carrie. Here long platinum blonde hair looked white in the room's dim lighting, and I could detect the faint brightness of her phone under the table. Her dark strapless emerald gown flattered her slim figure. Euan and Emil were playing chopsticks and Adam was listening to the man on stage.

After searching, I found Leopold at another table in the back. Abby was clinging onto his arm. I noticed a red head sitting on his other side, and I realized with a jolt that it was the infamous Natalia Covington. She was pretty, no doubt about that. Her red hair contrasted with her dark eyebrows and dark eyes. She wore bright red lipstick. She caught my eye and winked at me. Taken aback, I turned my attention to the front.

Many speeches later, the lights were brightened, and slow music began to play.

"Time to dance, guys." Adam started, shaking Emil and Euan out of their intense game of chopsticks.

Euan made another move, causing Emil to groan.

"How are you so good at this? I'm never playing with you again," Emil groaned. I could detect a slight accent, but it was faint.

Euan only smiled, and fixed his hair before he stood up.

I turned to see what seemed to be the dance floor, and saw the other students slowly making their way to it.

"Hey guys, I've got another business call right now. I tried to reschedule it, but my dad wants me to take it now. I'll see you all tomorrow." Carrie said quickly, grabbed her clutch and leaving the hall.

We all waved bye to her, and then redirected our attention to the dance floor.

"Are we going to dance?" I asked Adam.

"Yeah, but it's more of a ballroom dance. Do you know how to dance?"

"I started lessons back at the palace, but I'm not very good at it."

"Here, I'll can teach you. I've been taught ever since I could walk." Emil offered.

"Alright. I'm a little clumsy, but I'll try my best." I answered, accepting his offer.

"Just follow my lead."

He delicately held my hand, and held onto my waist.

He started to slowly moving, and I kept up.

"You aren't that bad. Why were you so worried?"

"This is the second time I've ever had to dance in public."

"So how has it been, transitioning into a princess?"

"Good, I guess. It's been difficult too. I had to leave my friends, and the people who I thought was my family, behind in the states."

We conversed a bit, before we were interrupted by someone familiar.

"Princess Adalyn? This is such a pleasure to make your acquaintance again."

My mind tried digging up who he was. He was Prince of Y- no, Yee- nope, Yivres, yes!

"Ah yes, Prince of Yivres [Yeev]. This is such a delight."

"I knew you seemed familiar. And Prince Emil, what a pleasure."

Emil bowed.

"And as much as I love my royal title, I'd much rather you call me by my name, Casper."

I nodded, with a smile.

Casper left, and Emil asked me where I had met him.

"He was at my welcoming ball. We danced for a bit, and he thought that I was funny. I didn't know that he went here."

"Like we said, almost every royal child goes here."