chapter one

It was the first day of my new job and god I was terrified. Many people have spoken about Grayson and each time it wasn't anything to be happy about he sounded like a self absorbed vile creature but if I'm going to be working with him hopefully that wouldn't be the case , heck he's been on the news numerous times.

"Shan...Shannon ?" 

I was pulled out of my thought's when my boyfriend of basically my entire life decided to stupidly interrupted me. "what can't you see I'm busy" I grew furious because nowadays every time he calls me its for me to get him a beer , he hasn't  shown me affection in months and I was tired of him. " Don't speak to me that way" his voice got louder every word he spoke and honestly I got scared but I still stood my ground " I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU TOM ACTU..." words spilt out of my mouth like water from a tap till I was suddenly stopped when a hand made fast contact with my face. 

I stumbled back clenching my newly bruised cheek while tears ran down my face ruining makeup I spent hours perfecting  not once in our relationship tom layed a finger on me  till today and what hurt wasn't the impact on my cheek but the sore  impact on  my heart. " Shan I-mm s-sorry" he spoke his voice softening when he saw the bruise he created, My thoughts were scattered and I didn't know what to think.

so I just ran.

I pulled the door open of my car and jumped in fast  as I knew he was following me." SHAN...SHAN WAIT" It was to late the car had started and I was off to my new location I still loved tom so I'll try and speak to him later about it ...maybe.

I had been driving for about an hour till my car made an abrupt stop and I was faced with a beautiful building with a diamond entrusted title which read, Dolan enterprise.

"you have reached your destination".