meeting rita

She called for a lady named Rita and a person came and gasped at the sight of me. She asked us to dry off and she looked at me. 

"How long has your hair and tail been blue" she asked me. 

"Just started today. As a mermaid, my hair is a light indigo color but when i dried off, i noticed my hair turned into a dark shade of indigo." i said. She nodded slowly. She was looking at something and she gasped. I looked at Rita scared. 

"What is it?" i asked her. 

"I remembered this legend. It talks about a blue mermaid who will either save all the pods from destruction, or be the cause of destruction" Rita said. I looked at her. 

"And that's supposed to be me? I am only thirteen! What if i cause the destruction? I don't want to be part of this" i said dry sobbing, since my vampire side wont let me cry normally. Evie hugged me, along with Rita. I soon heard someone swim over and saw Eiredina. She looked at me and smirked. 

"So the little brat is the blue mermaid. You will be punished for running away from me." Eiredina said. I hid behind Rita. 

"Go away Eiredina" Rita said. Eiredina laughed. 

"Hello to you too rita. Now i will take whats mine and i shall leave" she said. I came out from my hiding spot. 

"I am not yours Eiredina! You may have raised me, but you are not my mother. I may not know why my mother gave me away, but i know she would not want me to be with a monster like you! All you ever did was try to make me like you and beat me. I don't want this life anymore, I never asked to be a mermaid and I certainly did not ask for this prophecy. So now leave now, before you get hurt" I said with my sudden urge of confidence. Eiredina glared at me and left. I sighed and sat down while Evie hugged me. I looked at my necklace and realized it was glowing. I looked at it and saw a hologram of a man. He just smiled at me and reached for my hand. I tried to reach for him but he disappeared. I looked at Rita who was shocked at had tears in her eyes. 

"Harry" she whispered. I looked at her. 

"Why would Harry visit you like that unless..." she looked at me. 

"Melody" she said softly. I realized that i never told her my name. So, how does she know it. I looked at her and felt a connection. I only realized one thing then.