Hurt

After i explained everything, they hugged me. Mom seemed furious and swam away. I looked at Zac and we were scared. I swam away and found mom using her mermaid powers on rick. He saw me and howled. My eyes glowed yellow and I shifted and the rest of the pack did also and we ran to protect our alpha. I was in the front of the rest of the pack uncontrollably growling at mom. I tried to stop but couldn't. Rick told everyone but me to leave silently and the pack listened. Rick commanded me to attack mom and when i went to did mom used her mermaid powers on me and lifted me up in the air like Rick was. I whimpered scared. Rick was in human form so he smirked at my mom.

"Do you really want to hurt me when your daughter is under my control?" he said. I looked at mom scared. She seemed pained. I tried to fight Rick's control and i managed to jump onto the ground. Mom looked at my wolf shocked. I walked towards her and i guess she thought i was going to attack her when she used her power on me. I flew to the ground and i broke my leg. I limped and Rick stared at me surprised. I broke through his control and now he is no longer my alpha. I looked at my mom and lowered my head and walked away. I shifted back into my human form and saw that my leg was swollen. I went into the water and tried to swim away. I was able to swim back to the grotto and i saw Lyla and Nixie. I smiled at them and dried off. They saw my swollen leg and stared at me.

" what happened" Lyla said concerned. I cried from the pain in my leg.

"M-mom" was all i was able to say. They looked at each other confused.

"Rita did that? Why?" Nixie asked me. I explained my situation with rick and mom and they seemed sympathetic. Soon after i called Zac to see if his dad can check on my leg to see if it is actually broken. His dad came and told me that the leg was indeed broken and he gave me a cast and crutches. I practiced on the crutches and soon got the hang of it. I thanked doctor blakely right before he left. I sat back down and continued talking to lyla and nixie. When mom finally came home, lyla and nixie stood up and blocked me from my moms view. They seemed mad at her. I looked away as Lyla and Nixie were talking to mom. I got up and tried to go up the steps with my crutches but sadly failed. I fell and Nixie ran to my side while Lyla stopped mom from coming near me. It seems like mom has no clue what is going on and gently moved Lyla to the side. She saw me with crutches and she looked shocked.

"What happened? How did this happen" she asked me. Nixie shot her a look. I put my hand on Nixie's shoulder and told her to calm down. She looked at me and shook her head.

" i am sorry Melody but i cant calm down when she was the one who did this and doesn't even realize it! She didn't even put the pieces together yet" Nixie said angrily. I looked away not wanting anyone to see me cry. I looked at my leg and something in me sparked. My wounds healed so i ran upstairs to my room without anyone noticing. I was confused. What was going on? I was told that it was impossible for mermaids to heal themselves. Were they wrong?

My ring glowed and I saw my dad he didn't see me and he was doing magic with a book. he then mentioned the words warlock and witch and looked at me. He said something and the book he held ended up floating in front of me. My father is a warlock! Which makes me part witch. He left and I grabbed the book. I smiled at it knowing that this will come in handy if anyone else is in trouble. I found a spell that will get rid of the vampire and werewolf part of me so i used the spell. I felt it work and closed the book. I looked at it and it turned into a a dark blue bracelet with a white jewel. I smiled and went back to the grotto to see Lyla telling mom what I told them. I walked over to them and smiled.

"You're not using your crutches" mom said. I nodded and smiled.

" I feel better" I simply said. Nixie and Lyla looked confused.

" how" they asked me. I looked at them and mom. I can't say that I a a witch, can I?