Mates

Tony asked me if he could read my diary. I have no idea how he knows I have it, but yeah. So now he reads most of my stuff, except what I don't want him to, starting now. So anyway, I'm going to tell you about how you find your mate. No, not how you make pups you pervert!

It's different for hybrids (half human half werewolf) than it is for werewolves. Werewolves first:

For werewolves to find their mate, they have to look them in the eye. That's IT. It happens when both wolves are 16 or older. It may happen when you're older than 16! For example, your best friend could be your mate but you don't know it until you're 17. Or maybe you meet this person at a party and you look them in the eye and realize they're your mate. The point is, you may or may not known your mate before you realize you're mates

The only differences with hybrids is that their youngest age for finding their mate is 15 and if they don't find them before the evening of their 16th birthday they'll die. This is because on their 16th birthday they'll shift, whether it's a full moon or not and they'll need their mate to help them through it.

Hybrid or not, your mate may be human. Of course, if this wasn't possible, hybrids wouldn't exist. If this is the case, I certainly suggest you tell your mate you're a werewolf (or hybrid) before they find out for themselves.

If your mate rejects you, you'll be broken. Believe it or not, you only break when they reject you because you know they'll still alive, possibly making out with someone at that very moment. Now if they die, you won't be yourself for months. You'll be broken, but you can move on and find someone else.

It's also possible for you to fall in love before you find your mate, but when you find your mate you'll instantly stop seeing whoever you liked before in that way.

I haven't found my mate yet, but I hope I do soon. Actually, the only people in the pack who have are Frostmoon and Silverhawk, which I actually find pretty surprising.