Chapter Five

Merediths pov:

I woke up at 5 am to the sound of my alarm, I had a Pounding headache, all the events from last night came flooding in my brain. I'm so angry at him but mostly I'm hurt that we weren't enough to keep him from cheating. I heard someone in the kitchen I assumed it was Amelia since she has been living here since she came to Seattle.

A: Good morning, Derek wanted me to tell you that he went back to DC to grab his belongings and resign from his job, I would understand if you want me out of the house to considering he is my brothers and we are related and he cheated on you and I heard you guys fighting last night and I know that you wanted him to go sleep somewhere else and

M: Amelia stop I'm not going to kick you out. You may be related to him but it's not like you did the deed plus you are my favourite out of all of Derek's sisters so you can stay as long as you want. I'm not surprised Derek went back to DC, he probably went back to see his slutty mistress who was me a couple years ago.

A: I don't think he is going to talk to the woman he slept with I think he already feel guilty enough

M: I know he probably isn't the stupid and I can see it in his eyes when he says he loves me. I'm just preparing myself for the worst and don't take his side this conversation was going so well you can't take his side even if he's your brother ( Meredith laughs )

A: never mind you are right, screw the man

Meanwhile in DC it's 8 am ( 3 HOUR TIME DIFFERENCE)

Derek's pov:

I got off my flight and went straight NIH to resign from my position,I need to be home in Seattle, I didn't know if I had a job at the hospital but I can't work away from my family any longer plus I can't  work with the woman I slept with all along ruining my family in the process. After talking to who I needed to talk to,I had finally and completely resigned from the NIH I was free but it was not easy considering I was a big asset and this is a once in a lifetime dream job. I knew I had to resign though if I had any chance to mend my marriage. As I was leaving the NIH I bumped into the one person I did not want to see.

R: Derek what are you doing here, where did you go you left so suddenly. Did you not enjoy the night we shared together?

D: I went back home to my family needs my wife whom I love, she is the only woman I enjoy sleeping with!

R: what about us don't you want there to be an us, are you staying here or going back to Seattle?

D: what us there was never an us you were just a one night stand, which was a big mistake. That's why I left without any notice because I betrayed my wife and I was unfaithful. So no I'm not staying here I'm going home to be with the people that I love with all of my heart and who I owe everything to!

R: your are making a huge mistake going back to Seattle, we could be happy together. I can make you happier than your wife does, you should just stay here and get a fresh start. You may have just come here for the job but I think you came here looking for something else like a chance to start over, we could start over together and have a family and

D: let me stop you right there, the only mistake was me sleeping with someone other than my wife and I only came here for the job nothing else and frankly it was the worst decision to come here when really I should be at home helping my wife raise our children. I'm leaving this place and I hope to never see you again. as I'm walking away I hear Renee yell "you're going to regret this" but I just kept on walking

Back in Seattle

The first thing I do when I get back is go straight home I need to fix things with Meredith luckily it looks like she has a day off, hopefully Amelia is working and took the kids with her so that Meredith and I can have some alone time to figure things out. When I get to our front door, I notice that there is a package. I open it and find my phone and keys I'm glad I finally got them back. The door is unlocked and I find Meredith crying on the couch I quickly rush to her side and try to console her but she pushes me away, I realize that she is crying because of me which makes me feel like the new villain in her story. I hate what I have done to her, all the pain I have caused. I want to be her knight in shining armour again.