20

"You did amazing babe. I'm proud of you." X grabbed my duffle bag from me and threw it over his shoulder.

"Thanks." I smiled brightly. "I'm exhausted like shit."

"You smell like it too."

"Aw you ain't shit." I frowned.

"Look, lemme bring you home and let you take a shower, then we can spend time together?" He asked.

"My home or your home??" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

He had the habit of calling his house my house. I was delighted that X showed up to one of my games to show his support. He picked me up, stayed at the whole game and was in the stands acting like a proud parent.

"Uh, mine. Is that cool with yo people?" He asked.

"Let me text them and ask."

Spending time with him had been a lot more inconvenient now considering that both of my parents knew we were having sex. My mom was okay with us spending time together as usual, it was just my dad who had a problem with it. I shot them a message and my mother replied saying it was okay almost immediately.

"My mom said it was okay, daddy at work so be can't reply. Let's go." I mumbled.

I was sore as fuck. I wanted a nap so bad.

X never really had to ask his parents if I could come over. His parents encouraged me to come over even if Xabrien wasn't home.

"What you want to eat?" He asked as we neared the car.

"Don't ask me that. You know I struggle with questions like that." I groaned.

"Nadia I literally asked you what you wanted to eat."

"Can we get pizza and ice cream? I wanna pay for one though."

"Um, no."

"There you go with that hyper-masculinity. You know how much I hate that."

"No babe, it's my treat for you winning your game." He mumbled grabbing my hand.

"I'm sore." I groaned.

"Ima ice you when we get home, okay?" He kissed the back of my hand.

"Bet."

"Nadia?!" A voice called out behind us.

I turned around in search of a familiar face. And that's when my eyes met his. I hadn't seen him since he changed schools in the middle of our sophomore year. We hadn't talked since we broke up at the end of our freshman year.

"Brandon..?" I whispered.

"It's good to see you." He came over to us and attempted to hug me, but I brushed him off.

"Yeah, you too." I replied.

I had this weird feeling in my stomach.

"I didn't know you had a brother??" Brandon said, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm not her brother buddy, I'm her boyfriend. Can I help you?"

Brandon scoffed a little and I could feel X's gaze burning into the side of my face. I knew he was going to say something about me not introducing him off dump later. I was about to be a big ass argument for nothing.

"Well, I'm coming back to Ben Franklin. We've moved back to the city. I just thought you'd wanna know."

"She don't." Xabrien scrunched up his face.