|One|

Short A/N
This picks up after Chapter 56 of Allegiant by Veronica Roth. All characters belong to her, except for the plot

AFTER TWO MONTHS
TRIS
I wake up, my chest heaving with the pressure of the lack of air, my face smarting in the cold and my entire body trembling and I find myself in a room that is similar to the room where the bureau had put Uriah when he was in a coma.

I don't remember coming here. Or even being brought here. All I remember is seeing my mother after David shot me. Which isn't possible. My mom died, she died right in front of my eyes. But another bigger impossible thing is that I'm alive. I thought I had moved on, when David's bullets hit my body, I thought it was the end of my life and my being. But clearly it isn't the case.

I look around trying to clear my blurry vision. I see something white, the linen covering me and my clothes are all white and so is the interior of the room I'm lying in. A lot of tubes and wires are attached to my body. My vision becomes clearer and so does my mind and I register a faint beeping sound. It is faint but consistent, growing louder every moment.

I look around to see what is emitting the sound and I wince. It is a heart monitor; similar to the one Jeanine attached me to on my supposed execution day at the erudite headquarters. I look to the side of my bed, there is a table which laden with syringes, vials and - serums. It brings back a flood of memory, it completely clears my mind and I remember. The plan of resetting the memories of the bureau and saving Chicago. Our plans about releasing the memory serum virus into the bureau to erase the word "genetically damaged" from everyone's mind, Caleb volunteering to go into the weapon's lab despite the fact that he knew he would get killed in the process and me going in instead because I couldn't bear to see him go to his own death.

With Caleb's name come back a series of names associated in the plan with sharp jolts of pain in the chest with each name. Matthew, Cara, Christina, Amar, George and with the sharpest pang to the chest - Tobias. At the thought of him, tears well up in my eyes. I didn't think of him when I decided to go instead of Caleb. I only thought of the task at hand and about saving Caleb. I never thought what might have gone over him to come back from Chicago and to find me dead. I try to imagine his condition and put myself in his place and a sob racks my body. My chest aches for him and the tears run down my cheeks in a constant stream. I miss him so badly. The way his deep blue eyes bore into mine, the way his strong arms wrapped around my fragile body, keeping me safe, his scent of soap and sweat which made me feel protected and loved, how his muscles felt under my palms and most of all, how his soft , warm lips felt against mine. Every cell inside me screams for him; to be held in his embrace again, to feel loved and safe again.

I am so preoccupied with my thoughts that I barely notice someone standing in my room with an expression of utmost relief and triumph in his eyes- Matthew.
"Tris, I almost gave up hope that you were going to survive it."
______________________________________

Author's Note
Hey guys! This is my first time writing and my first fan fiction and I really know the first chapter sucked but honestly it gets better, I promise❤.

I wrote this a while ago, when my grandmother passed away to battle depression. A friend of mine forced me to post it so here I am🙈 I thought I'd start posting on my birthday(13 July) but oh well, a day earlier. I don't plan on having much drama to this, just a lot of fluff, a sweet, happily-ever-after for our favourite ship, because lets accept it, they totally deserve it!

I'll be fairly quick with updates because I have it written so I'm just going to wait for a few views and comments before proceeding with the next chapter. Any recommendations and opinions will be appreciated. I'll do a few changes too, if anyone wants me to, so feel free to comment!

Please read, vote , comment and share this story❤ it will honestly mean a lot to me. I guess I'll introduce myself a little on the next update🙈

So till next time,people! Bye👋👋

Be brave <4