Chapter 12 part i

Sunlight poured into the room, kissing Matthew's face as he groaned and turned to his side.

"Dear Sun, who are you competing with?" He mumbled to himself before realising where he was.

On the floor.

A smile spread on his face remembering their argument that occurred last night.

She was too adorable.

He yawned and got up, stretching. His taut muscles flexing slightly while his unruly hair fell on his eyes, covering those sapphire coloured irises.

He turned around to look for Jenavive but she was no where to be found.

'She is an early bird.' Dante's voice rang in his ears.

Matthew inhaled softly as he slowly got up before heading to the bathroom to perform his daily rituals.

-----

"Matthew~!" Rosalyn's voice echoed in his room as he exited his bathroom with a towel on his head.

"Morning, Rosa~" He smiled before receiving a hug from her which he gladly accepted.

He always thought of her as a little sister.

"Hurry, let's have breakfast. I'm famished~!" She kissed his cheek, her small lips lingering on his stubble longer than usual. Matthew didn't seem to pay heed to that as he was pulled down the stairs with the redhead female.

-----

"Father, where is Vive?" Matthew asked, sipping his tea.

"Vive?"

Matthew blushed at the nickname he had given to Jenavive last night while Rosalyn frowned.

'I was the only one who got a nickname from him, not even Ophelia had gotten a nickname from him.' She thought bitterly.

Matthew's eyes averted to Joseph who was grinning at him like a fool who got the tart. Rosalyn took a sigh of relief that he didn't see her expression change.

"I was talking about Jenavive-"

The King smirked teasingly at his son before responding, "She is out checking the law book and of course having a discussion the renovators." He chuckled.

Matthew rolled his eyes. He knew Jenavive had told him about their conversation regarding the castle's appearance that happened last night.

Sneaky wild cat.

"I asked her if I could be of some use, she told me to take a day off and hit the hay!" His father laughed heartily.

"She won't even let me clean up the dusty library, when I re-entered, the library was spick and span in no time." Joseph chimed in.

Matthew smiled seeing his father so happy while Joseph's words bemused him.

Everything seen or said about Jenavive amused him.

Beguiling wild cat.

"And since Jenavive said she'll be busy all day, I expect you-"

"To spend more time with me!" Rosalyn cut off Donovan's sentence and before Donovan could object, she was already dragging Matthew out of the breakfast hall, leaving Donovan disappointed and Joseph stunned.

-----
"Didn't hit the hay yet?"

"I ordered my butlers to bring the hay to the yard."

They both laughed.

"So what do you think about the law and order of Jevanna?" The King asked, keeping a cup of tea neatly on the tea coaster.

Jenavive took out her reading glasses and smiled, "It has a striking resemblance to Cyrail's law, but-" She tapped her chin in thought. "Why aren't commoners allowed in the castle?"

Donovan cleared his throat, "Security reasons."

Jenavive raised her eyebrow in inquisition. She wasn't going to back off that easy.

"Well... You see, Matthew's former wife didn't die naturally..... She was ...murdered. So for that reason we had to extend our security to prevent further problems."

A sad expression crossed Jenavive's face as she thought about her father and then the people of Jevanna who were suffering.

"But we do visit the town every month to help the needy." He explained. "Although, our help for them is limited. Our enemies have seized our gem mines that were close to the dispute territory. It built half of the state treasury." The King sighed in frustration.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into all this nonsense and-"

"Like father, like son." Jenavive shook her head, "I'm fine with everything.This all was written in my fate. I can't escape this, so I have to learn how to accept it." She gave a small smile before her gaze shifted outside the window where she saw Matthew and Rosalyn sitting close, laughing and smiling at each other's words. The Princess saw how Matthew looked at Rosalyn with adoration.

She felt a sick feeling in her stomach while her heart began to constrict, she tore her gaze away knowing that if she stared a little more outside, she would retch in anxiety.

'Perhaps love isn't written in my fate either.'

The King saw the inner turmoil of the young lady even if she concealed it well. He didn't grey his hair in the sun. He was too experienced to know what was going in her mind when she gazed outside the window.

"I'll go out and check on something."

Sooo what do you think of the new chapter? Matthew's ignorance? The little in-law talk? I bet you are in love with rosa now 😂  70 votes? I love you guys for the support.

Yours Truly
The author :)