Chapter 14

"Yes Darling, it's me. Your truly, Felix~" A man came out of the shadows. His curly brown hair were a tangled mess, his eyes were bloodshot indicating that he was a heavy drinker. He was wearing a red crippled shirt and loose black trousers.

When she saw him, all her past memories began to swirl around in her mind like a dreadful whirlpool. Jenavive's face twisted in disgust.

"Now, Now.... This is not the way to greet your ex-fiancé." Felix grinned evilly at her expression, while slowly advancing forward. The princess took few steps back.

"How did you-"

"End up becoming the chief minister of Loringard?" He let out a loud laugh that made her shiver in fear. "When I told you I earned fame, it was when the King of Loringard was impressed by my intelligence." He stated with eerie calmness in his tone while his eyes roamed on Jenavive's body. He licked his lips, changing the subject, "Guess, I was wrong about you lacking appeal, Darling~"

"Do not come closer-" Jenavive hissed, regaining her confidence. "I am married to someone who is far better than you."

Her words made in growl in anger as he pinned her against the wall, "Matthew? That moron who made me look like a fool in front of my folks? The same man who stole away my Ophelia?"

Jenavive struggled and pushed him away with a certain force which caused him to stumble, "Your Ophelia? You do not have a heart to love someone! Even if you do have a heart, it's black, pitch black and filled with lust not love!"

"My, my. When did the cat learn how to behave like a tigress? I like it~"

"You pathetic imbecile. Look at yourself! You disgust me-"

"Shut up! Enough said!" He boomed in the same voice that rendered her immobile in fear. She had strengthened herself enough to pull down a man twice as huge as her, but she had forgotten how to strengthen herself to face her past.

Felix grabbed a fistful of her hair and jerked her head up. She winced in pain, "Little Princess will you not cry now? Come hither my Matthew, come save me?" He laughed like a maniac on loose, "Want to know few secrets? It was me! Me, who ordered my assassin to murder Ophelia! Me, who ordered them to kill your father, but that old man who exiled me, made my parent disown me, didn't die yet!"

Jenavive's eyes widened on hearing the revelation that tumbled on her like a boulder.

"How low.. How low can you get..." She whispered in disdain. "I feel sorry for myself that I fell in love with monster like you!"

Slap!

His rough palm connected to her face, pushing her down on the cold granite floor, "You may look more womanly now, but you are still a vile creature in my eyes." He growled menacingly, pinning her on the floor, "Did you husband touch you yet? No? This time I'll make sure that no man ever does!"

Jenavive struggled in fear and horror as he bit her exposed neck, his fingers clawing on her silk sleeves, ripping them off ruthlessly.

'No...no...no...'

'Why is the past repeating itself..'

A sudden surge on anger flared in her chest as she kicked his stomach, knocking him off her. She stood up, running out of the Palace as fast as she could.

Felix held his stomach and chuckled, "That one mark of mine will torment you ... Probably forever, Jena~"

----

"Matty, you seem so distracted." Rosalyn stated, leaning her head against his shoulder, "Why do you look so agitated?"

"It's past eight and Vive isn't back yet. It worries me. I don't even know where she is."